Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Buffalo Springs 70.3

1,745 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hincemm
gd28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Miraculously the high is forecast to be 82!!! Anyone else racing? Anyone driving back to Dallas Sunday after the race? I'll be staying for the rolldown but my wife needs to get back Sunday night.
wcb
AG
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
Hincemm
AG
My wife and I are doing it. She is likely staying for rolldown but I'm heading back Sunday night.
Ags_08
AG
Praying the weather holds as forecast for the weekend! Looking forward to the challenges that BSLT will bring for my second half. The weather holding up will sure help a lot!
drewbie08
AG
82 for the high!? Enjoy it! It's a great race.
The InTIMidator
AG
Since I'm getting older and don't handle heat as well anymore, I was "smart" and registered for Coeur d'Alene 70.3 that same day instead. Unlike my Moxie friends who will all be at Lubbock. Anyway, the comfortable spring like temps of CDA change tomorrow when I arrive and will reach a high of 91 on Sunday. The other killer is that the lake temps have not warmed up; reports are 59 and 60.5 degrees. At least the scenery will be better... Although Mike Reilly chose Buffalo Springs for one of his two 70.3 races this year.
Hincemm
AG
dang dude...that stinks. but it will be purty.
Hincemm
AG
Absolutely perfect conditions today. Don't know if this race has ever had that good of weather. Was pleased with my race. Mtf.
gd28
AG
4:57!! Finally joined the sub 5 club. What an awesome race, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Any idea when ironman will post results? Had a bunch of friends racing and curious how they did.
gd28
AG
Try here http://results.xacte.com/v2/#/k/bslt
JDL 96
Did it! First 70.3. Great race. Great weather. Tons of incredible aid stations.

Swim was awesome. Flat water great temp.

Bike was brutal. 4-6 steep long windy hills. 1/3 to 1/2 was into headwind. But aid stations are great. Even had Gatorade bottles, cliff stuff and cookies.

Run is pretty nice. 2 loops through buffalo springs campground / city. Lots to see. Tons of great aid stations. Lots of trees. One steep long hill you do twice. But the run was TOUGH after the bike (for me). I walked a ton and I've never walked before. I'm a decent runner (1:35 at cowtown half this year) but was 2:20 today after the bike. Bike was brutal 4:10. I hate biking and am not good at it.

Buffalo Springs 70.3 is a good race. The race team does a GREAT job. I'd do it again.
JDL 96
gd28 said:

4:57!! Finally joined the sub 5 club. What an awesome race, we couldn't have asked for better weather.
NICE!!! Congrats!!!
JDL 96
The InTIMidator said:

Since I'm getting older and don't handle heat as well anymore, I was "smart" and registered for Coeur d'Alene 70.3 that same day instead. Unlike my Moxie friends who will all be at Lubbock. Anyway, the comfortable spring like temps of CDA change tomorrow when I arrive and will reach a high of 91 on Sunday. The other killer is that the lake temps have not warmed up; reports are 59 and 60.5 degrees. At least the scenery will be better... Although Mike Reilly chose Buffalo Springs for one of his two 70.3 races this year.
Awww man. Weather and water temp at Buffalo Springs was PERFECT. But CDA is definitely regarded as a top race. So I think on the whole you came out ahead.
Phat32
AG
How was Mike Reilly?
wcb
AG
No mention of a Texagger winning it? Or did I miss it?

Nice work emge!
Hincemm
AG
didn't realize clay won...that's great!

as to mike reilly, i guess i never notice that kind of stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.