Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Newbie gains duration, no weight loss, frustration.

8,468 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by third coast..
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I get them, but throw away the biscuit
McInnis 03
AG
Just a quick check in....hovering at 226-228 now. Been stuck about 3 weeks. Still eating well and doing 5 days/wk at otf.

I'm still holding myself accountable for now! Wouldn't mind losing more but it's just not happening. Was hoping for 220lbs by Nov 11 (bday) but not sure that's in sight anymore. 4 weeks ago I was convinced it was a sure thing.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
BlueSmoke
Quote:

Quote:

Just a quick check in....hovering at 226-228 now. Been stuck about 3 weeks. Still eating well and doing 5 days/wk at otf.

I'm still holding myself accountable for now! Wouldn't mind losing more but it's just not happening. Was hoping for 220lbs by Nov 11 (bday) but not sure that's in sight anymore. 4 weeks ago I was convinced it was a sure thing.

Your body figuring out and adapting to your routines. Assuming you are not huffing/puffing in classes like you used to? You are no doubt getting strong and in much better shape, but as you progress, you also need to increase the intensity. You've probably heard about "shocking" your body. Basically you need to switch things up. New routines. More intensity. Continual variance. You have to stay a few steps ahead of yourself.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
McInnis 03
AG
10 month check in....hovering at 221-223. Still attending OTF 5 days aweek. Weight been locked in for what feels like months. My body fat percentage is higher than I want it to be, but I've been looser with my diet in that I'm in great shape and fairly happy with how things are working. I'd love to cut 10 more pounds but haven't figured out how to do that efficiently even while really watching the intake.

Either way, I'm far better off than I was at the beginning of this post.
coastalAg
AG
In my(limited) understanding, Brown Rice is high in carbs and calories and not worth the nutritional benefit it may bring in a calorie restricted diet.

So while you can eat brown rice as part of your diet and easily lose weight by maintaining a calorie deficit, you will get a lot more vitamins, protein, fiber relative to the calories from lean meats and veggies.
P.U.T.U
AG
OTF is more HIIT, doing some major lifts like squats, rows, etc. will help you lose fat since you burn more fat with the more muscle you have.

Brown rice is just calories, unless you want to gain weight stick with good sources of protein like steak, salmon, eggs, and combine those with vegetables. Unless you are under 10% body fat (for men) or trying to gain weight no real reason to eat much complex carbs unless you are working that hard.
wbt5845
AG
I am a big fan of the low carb diets like keto. But at a bare minimum, cutting out as many refined sugars as you can will help.

I've heard some people say to cut dairy as well, but that's never been a big problem for me.

OP - how do you like Orange Theory? I do CG and love it because of the variety. As P.U.T.U. said, I've heard OT focuses on HIIT.
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.