Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Gym bros and h*%s

12,807 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Geriatric Punk
ttha_aggie_09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am sorry but I have to rant as college is out and the gyms have been flooded with tools.

Why do dudes feel the need to where "cut" shirts that show their nipples?
Why is every college aged dude a member of the "foot above parallel club" in squats?
Why do I get asked more to video someone's workout than to actually spot them?
When the hell are people going to actually touch their chest on bench?
Why do you think your long pants hide your twig legs?
Why in hell do you think loading up 8 plates on each side of the squat press and proceeding to incorporate your quads to help with your "calf raises"? And then leaving the freaking weight on?

And girls....

Stop wearing the ****tiest gym wear you can buy and insist on doing RDLs or stiff leg dead lifts in the middle of the freaking dumbell area
Stop posting every angle of your ass on instagram... who the hell do you think you're attracting?
Stop getting mad at dudes that don't put up their weight when y'all leave your yoga mat, flat bench, and kettle bells by every smith machine in sight

Rant over... I guess I am getting old and am just sick and tired of the issues above at SEVERAL gyms. You can workout, lift heavy, and be strong, without being a d-bag.
CoolaidWade
AG
I don't get it......

I just work out at the gym and listen to good music or podcasts. Sometimes I have to pick up after people but no big deal, yo.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Your gym must not be very crowded.

I do the same but the increase in traffic makes these things unavoidable.
redd38
AG
I've never seen any of that at my gym. (Except girls in ****ty outfits, which I'll allow)
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Maybe it's a Lifetime Fitness, Golds, and LA Fitness deal... I workout primarily at Lifetime but when I travel I'll go to whatever is an option.

I guess I am just becoming a bitter old man
P.U.T.U
AG
Reasons why I built a home gym, got tired of the gym scene with all of the people that just don't give a hoot. When I travel it is with whatever they have in the hotel gym or body weight stuff.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Stop wearing the ****tiest gym wear you can buy and insist on doing RDLs or stiff leg dead lifts in the middle of the freaking dumbell area
I know right!! at least move up close to the mirror so I can pretend to be checking my form
ttha_aggie_09
AG
It's not them I actually mind, it's the 20 drooling kids that surround the area that's the problem.
Jim01
AG
This entire OP reminds me of source material for BroScience.

Dom Mazzetti!

htxag09
AG
So you're a member at 3 different gyms?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
No. Just Lifetime... but when I travel I workout at what ever is around, if the hotel gym isn't sufficient. You can just pay a day fee or negotiate a free pass
The Pilot
AG
Two options:

Go during off-peak time. I go to the gym during lunch to avoid the rush. I'm a member of LA Fitness in Uptown, stupid crowded after work.

Become a member of a more expensive gym. My fiance goes to Tom Landry in Dallas but pays 3 times as much as I do. Her gym is never crowded.
94DallasAG
AG
ttha_aggie_09

Quote:

I guess I am getting old

Slow down there son.....

aggiespartan
AG
I go at 4am when there are only a few other people in the gym. No problems. Everybody does the standard head nod and goes about their own business.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I think changing times is the answer but the only time I could go is early morning and I am not about that right now. I can wake up before my alarm to go hunting/fishing, but not to work out. I'm too used to evening workouts.
Phat32
AG
aggiespartan said:

I go at 4am when there are only a few other people in the gym. No problems. Everybody does the standard head nod and goes about their own business.
This. The 6am crowd is always the same people who get along great.

I find more of the OP's problems as you get to the later crowd.
2012Ag
AG
You sound like a cranky old man. Who tf cares what anyone else wears.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I am a cranky old man...

And I don't want some dudes tit sweat all over some bench or machine because he's too bro to wear a shirt
2012Ag
AG
Get your weight up son. When you see idiots do that then call them out and ask them to wipe it down.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
I do but you don't always catch them doing it.

And when you do, you get an eye roll or a musky sense of entitlement as they whimper over and do as told.
P.U.T.U
AG
Crop dust them

Geriatric Punk
AG
I only do body weight stuff these days. There is no point in going to a gym for me unless there are women to admire and force you to linger for that 5th set. Not sure what the issue is. At one point, we were all the dude-bros grunting as leaked all over the gym mats. I'm pretty sure I was cursing you 8 years ago.
AggieOO
I just want to go on record here and say that I am 100% ok with girls wearing ****ty clothes and taking ass pics.
kbw01
AG
AggieOO said:

I just want to go on record here and say that I am 100% ok with girls wearing ****ty clothes and taking ass pics.

Rule #1
AgUltimate5
AG
kbw01 said:

AggieOO said:

Rule #1
www.instagram.com
kbw01
AG
Thanks, I am scared of links...not very trusting.
aggiespartan
AG
kbw01 said:

Thanks, I am scared of links...not very trusting.
it's just instagram
AgUltimate5
AG
It was also a joke bc all Instagram is nowadays is fitness models posting bikini shots while promoting whatever BS fitness product is paying them. Note: I am not complaining at all!
Aggietaco
AG
AgUltimate5 said:

It was also a joke bc all Instagram is nowadays is fitness models posting bikini shots while promoting whatever BS fitness product is paying them. Note: I am not complaining at all!

Just FYI, Insta only shows you suggested images based on your previous views and likes...
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

AgUltimate5 said:

Just FYI, Insta only shows you suggested images based on your previous views and likes...

All my suggested images are pictures of dogs.
aggiespartan
AG
AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

AgUltimate5 said:

All my suggested images are pictures of dogs.
Mine are dogs and food.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
speaking of bros and hos, a couple weeks ago i saw a first.

girl was sitting on the machine doing leg extensions and her boyfriend was standing over her and they were getting after it hardcore. her head was all the way back like she was looking at the ceiling like a baby bird getting tongued and groped by mama bird but didn't stop her leg workout. this was after work in a very crowded gym.

i just happened to be walking into the weight area and walking by them and i'm pretty sure i let out an audible and uncomfortable "...uhhhh". i don't know how loud it was because of my ear buds but it didn't slow them down.
Hoosegow
Sounds more like a fitness center than a gym.

What you need is one or two dominant bucks. It is just like deer. You have a bunch of young bucks trying to show off their horns and how bad they are, there are a couple of inferior older bucks that just get irritated with the whole thing, However when you get an older dominant buck to show up, all the crap stops. The young bucks stop showing off and posturing. The older inferior bucks just nod and stay out of the way.

Find a big dude that can move big weight and watch your problems disappear. Better yet, go to a gym where the big dudes and insanely fit women work and join that gym. You don't have those problems there.
lotsofhp
AG
I too will never complain about hot college chicks wearing ****ty clothes working on their butts.

Very motivating.
My Dad Earl
AG
ruddyduck said:

speaking of bros and hos, a couple weeks ago i saw a first.

girl was sitting on the machine doing leg extensions and her boyfriend was standing over her and they were getting after it hardcore. her head was all the way back like she was looking at the ceiling like a baby bird getting tongued and groped by mama bird but didn't stop her leg workout. this was after work in a very crowded gym.

i just happened to be walking into the weight area and walking by them and i'm pretty sure i let out an audible and uncomfortable "...uhhhh". i don't know how loud it was because of my ear buds but it didn't slow them down.
Wait. Some dude was getting a beej in the middle of the gym? OP would s**t a brick.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.