Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Stop working out!

3,588 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CoolaidWade
BallerStaf2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Donald Trump thinks exercise is bad, bc as humans we have a finite amount of energy, like a battery. Exercising wastes your battery, and you will die sooner.

So, I've been doing it wrong the whole time?

https://apple.news/AQ1JEf1qLQxaaShKbwLzsVA
Whens lunch
AG
Finite heartbeats, baby!
BallerStaf2003
AG
Trump is 6'3, 236 lbs?

Must be a friendly scale
Potcake
AG
The scale is manufactured by the same company that built his inauguration crowd pic camera.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
BallerStaf2003 said:

Trump is 6'3, 236 lbs?

Must be a friendly scale
alternative facts
BallerStaf2003
AG
Haha. No joke.

If he's actually 6'3, he has to be close to 300 pounds.
tgray99
AG
Neil Armstrong believed we had a finite number of heartbeats.
Quinn
AG
tgray99 said:

I mean, technically that's true, we just don't know the number, and we can likely increase that number by eating healthy and working out.
NoahAg
tgray99 said:

Yeah, well, he also believed he went to the moon.
aggie7911
You dont' think there is some truth to that? If you read the article further he believes over exercising can cause injury and we know in some cases lead to an early death..

AggieOO
aggie7911 said:

You dont' think there is some truth to that? If you read the article further he believes over exercising can cause injury and we know in some cases lead to an early death..

well, better stop exercising. the oompa-loomp says i might die...in some cases.

don't want to turn this into a political discussion, but trump might be one of the last people on earth i'll go to for health/exercise advise.
Quinn
AG
aggie7911 said:

No, I don't believe there is any truth to that.
BallerStaf2003
AG
No, we aren't batteries that die faster with more exercise.

Good lord.
CoolaidWade
AG
I am so conflicted with this guy....

On one hand he is such a dumbass that he needs to be impeached yesterday. And on the other hand I have never laughed so hard from such a stupid idiot landing the biggest job you can get. So in the end I hope he makes it for four years.

My god, he really said exercise is bad for you! Every day is just comic gold....

bam02
AG
So I read the article and did not see any statements from Trump about finite energy. He says something about not exercising because his friends that do are getting knee replacements and such.

Believe me, I cringe at many of the ridiculous things he says, but there are so many fake stories about him that I skeptical of some of what is attributed to him.
yestoast
bam02 said:

So I read the article and did not see any statements from Trump about finite energy. He says something about not exercising because his friends that do are getting knee replacements and such.

Believe me, I cringe at many of the ridiculous things he says, but there are so many fake stories about him that I skeptical of some of what is attributed to him.
bam02
AG
Yeah I read that. Just seems to me you would have a quote from Trump if he really said something that odd.
Wife is an Aggie
Yeah - I clicked on the link in the CNN article to see if there was a direct quote in that article.. Nope.. Just a guy writing a bunch of propaganda on why he thinks Trump should be impeached.

CNN - just more FAKE NEWS. And this is coming from someone who didn't vote for Trump.
AggieOO
this originates from a 2016 biography of Trump.

i can't speak to the validity of the actual book, but the book says that Trump quit athletics after college because he thinks the body is like a battery.
yestoast
Wife is an Aggie said:

Yeah - I clicked on the link in the CNN article to see if there was a direct quote in that article.. Nope.. Just a guy writing a bunch of propaganda on why he thinks Trump should be impeached.

CNN - just more FAKE NEWS. And this is coming from someone who didn't vote for Trump.

bam02
AG
Ha ha ok. So no quote?
yestoast
bam02 said:

Ha ha ok. So no quote?
It's a cited (and conveniently linked) secondary source from a New Yorker expose that also happens to be easily cross confirmed by the man's own biography. Are you being purposefully obtuse?
bam02
AG
yestoast said:

bam02 said:

Ha ha ok. So no quote?
It's a cited (and conveniently linked) secondary source from a New Yorker expose that also happens to be easily cross confirmed by the man's own biography. Are you being purposefully obtuse?

I don't know what to say if you think I am the one being obtuse. I'm just taking this with some skepticism since there is a splashy headline but no quote.

Sorry to keep feeding this troll on a topic that really doesn't even belong here. If the story is true then it's anot her dumb thing from Trump and fun for us on H&F to laughter at, but truly it's probably inappropriate on this forum since it's obvious going to derail based on politics and is probably just more fake news anyway.
htxag09
AG
Just about every overweight person I've ever met has told me I'm an idiot for running and how it's so unhealthy for me....
Seven Costanza
AG
Finite heartbeat theory isn't a new idea. It's dumb, but it's not new.
Cancelled
AG
htxag09 said:

Just about every overweight person I've ever met has told me I'm an idiot for running and how it's so unhealthy for me....

Ugh. I've got the worst of both worlds. I'm overweight and I've been training for a 70.3. I exercise and then eat and maintain the same weight. I eat paleo but beer is keeping the lbs on.
htxag09
AG
queso1 said:

htxag09 said:

Ugh. I've got the worst of both worlds. I'm overweight and I've been training for a 70.3. I exercise and then eat and maintain the same weight. I eat paleo but beer is keeping the lbs on.

Oh I'm still a little overweight as well. But 50 lbs lighter than I was this time a year ago.
CoolaidWade
AG
queso1 said:

htxag09 said:

Consider switching to red wine. Ideally Organic red wine with no sulfites. Trader Joe's has one called "Well Read" for $6.99 that is amazing for that price point.

I love my beer but now only drink it on special occasions...... Just on the weekend and social events.

Now at home every night I just drink a glass (or 2) of red wine. Life changing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.