Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Aleve PM

934 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Endo Ag
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Worth it or no? Does it really help to sleep?
Endo Ag
AG
It a combination of one aleve 220mg, and 25mg of diphenhydramine, aka benadryl.

I've never really understood why these drugs were combined, unless you can't sleep because your knee is hurting you.

Buy a bottle of generic NSAID (ibuprofen or naproxen). Buy a bottle of antihistamine (diphenhydramine).

If your knee hurts, take the NSAID. If you are having allergies or need to go to sleep in the next few hours, take the antihistamine. If your knee hurts and you want to go to sleep. Take them both. My way is far cheaper, and you are only taking the drug you need at the time. If you really want to go to sleep without waiting, call your doctor and get a script for a benzodiazepene or ambien.
91AggieLawyer
AG
I don't take anything but aspirin. I took some Tylenol PM a few years ago but it just made me groggy in the morning. (OK, OK, more so than usual).
Endo Ag
AG
Aspirin is your absolute worst choice in nsaids. Blood thinning effect lasts up to six weeks. A therapeutic dose maintained over an extended period can lead to life threatening blood thinning in the event of a trauma. Use naproxen or ibuprofen. This thinning effect is why LOW DOSE aspirin is recommended for cardiac and stroke prevention over the other NSAIDS.

Remember also that these NSAIDS are for short term management of acute pain. If you are taking them daily for more than a few days or weeks, especially in the presence of other cardiac risk factors or gastrointestinal issues, you should be under the supervision of a physician.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.