Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Inaugural Tri Ft Worth Roll Call

1,408 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wcb
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw Queso was in. Anyone else? I'm in for the half.

Forecast seems to be changing daily. Winds look like they're finally dropping off. If we can get the clouds with minimal rain it could be a really good day.
2001%er
AG
In for the half.
Cancelled
AG
As OP said, I'm in for the half! I was damned near heartbroken when my brother called me and said it was going to rain and storm. I've been in two tris so far: Keller sprint and Bevoman Olympic. Keller was absolutely freezing and Bevoman was wet, cold and eventually called off during the bike.

Here's to good weather!
AggieNinetyNine
AG
The weather is looking pretty good for Sunday morning now in DFW. I haven't worked my way up to a half yet, but will be doing the Water Works sprint in Denton on Sunday. Good luck to you guys.
Cancelled
AG
You jinxed us rookie!!
Cancelled
AG
I woke up from a nap at 5:30. I looked at my running shoes and thought "how am I going to wear those in T2...of ****!!!!!" I hauled ass downtown and found a nice lady to help me despite transition being closed.

My last sprint and Olympic were all in the same place.
JDL 96
Good luck today everyone!! Tell us how it goes!
P.U.T.U
AG
Good luck!
Cancelled
AG
Good luck
wcb
AG
Not my best day but another one down. Me thinks running a hilly marathon three weeks ago may have had something to do with it.

Great course. Really like the bike. Run was basically Lancaster + Trinity Trails. While crossing the bricks through the stockyards was cool, very Ft Worth, I could not feel my toes by the time one of them ended.

All in all a good race. Will likely do it again in the future.
Cancelled
AG
Congrats, WCB!

I hate two blow outs back to back and had to wait for the service car for 45 mins.

The cobblestones in the stockyards suck when you have a headache.

Great job by the staff and volunteers.

First 70.3 down.
2001%er
AG
It was an overall and bike leg PR for me but I hated the bike course. Gravel and road kill on the shoulder, fast cars on the left, and felt like I had to expend a lot of mental energy minding those things and never got to just enjoy the ride. In fairness, my last HIM was Mont-Tremblant which is known for pristine roads, so anything else would have suffered by comparison. Also, all the roadkill! The run was nice. The swim needed more buoys but again, suffered by comparison to MT and it's clear waters.

I know it was a first effort and am sure they'll work out some of the kinks in later years. But unless they improve the bike course (pave the shoulders better or close the roads to traffic to give cyclists more space) I don't know that it's one I'll be eager to redo.
P.U.T.U
AG
Sounds like the bike course is a horrible accident waiting to happen. Having to stay on the shoulder while cars can use the next lane is not very wise.
Cancelled
AG
I saw one dude just fall over going up a hill. He couldn't get out of his cleats. Another woman wiped out and probably broke her arm.
Phat32
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Sounds like the bike course is a horrible accident waiting to happen. Having to stay on the shoulder while cars can use the next lane is not very wise.
Didn't a lady get hit in Boulder last year because of that? Tried to pass and one of the cars smoked her?
2001%er
AG
It's one thing for a bike course to be challenging due to climbing, turns, or some other technical aspects. It's quite another for it to be dangerous. At one point near the end another cyclist and I got stuck behind cars in our lane of traffic that were waiting at a light to move into their lane. We had to cut into a gas station and back out into the road to get around them.

I hate the bike course at TexasMan because of the chipseal but I will say I have never felt that it was unsafe. TFW felt unsafe Sunday even with pretty good weather. Add rain or high wind and it would be really dangerous. Honestly I felt like I should have had my eyeglass mirror given that we had traffic right next to us and sometimes had to move over, and you shouldn't need that in a race. Thankfully the cars were cooperative and cautious but that could certainly not be the case.
P.U.T.U
AG
Texasman is bad since they do not shut down the roads, luckily it is in BFE and early in the morning. As mentioned all it takes is someone to fall and roll into traffic for it to be over. These shoulders are not that wide so passing someone with a car on your left sucks.
wcb
AG
Race report for anyone interested.

https://slowpope.com/

Oh, and my favorite shirt from the expo.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.