Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Garmin 735xt for $315 at REI

3,558 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hillcountryag86
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a PSA. Great deal on a great watch. Anniversary sale May 19-29.
Phat32
AG
That's a hell of a deal. I might sell my 235 to upgrade.
BackwardsInBoots
AG
I had been looking at those...
Phat32
AG
Where did you see that posted?
wcb
AG
Got an REI flyer late last week. I'm guessing the web site will reflect it come the 19th?
dave99ag
AG
Is it just that model or others? Looking at the Garmin InReach.
wcb
AG
Only one I saw.
Phat32
AG
Here's the link to the flyer: REI Anniversary Sale
Phat32
AG
FYI, my REI let me call and put one on hold. Then I can pick it up tomorrow at sale price.
0708aggie
AG
Just an FYI, if you cant find it at REI, the garmin website has them for the same price.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/541225

aggiespartan
AG
0708aggie said:

Just an FYI, if you cant find it at REI, the garmin website has them for the same price.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/541225

That shows $449 for me.
Hincemm
AG
price shows up in cart...
Hincemm
AG
clever training also offering deal...plus deals on run/tri bundle.
agfan2013
AG
Amazon has it too at the $315. Plus if you have prime it's free two day shipping, and if you're a total addict like me and have the amazon credit card, it's 5% back so essentially saving you $15 and making it $300 flat.
aggiespartan
AG
My husband is going to go try this on tonight. It's about time for us to upgrade our fitbits to big boy trackers.
hbc07
AG
Ended up jumping on this. I don't know anyone else with a garmin; anyone want to be garmin buddies?
Phat32
AG
In a fun twist of karma, my 735XT has given me nothing but problems. Garmin is replacing.
wcb
AG
hbc07 said:

Ended up jumping on this. I don't know anyone else with a garmin; anyone want to be garmin buddies?
Garmin id slowpope. Welcome aboard.
wcb
AG
rasher said:

In a fun twist of karma, my 735XT has given me nothing but problems. Garmin is replacing.
Curious to hear details. Glad to hear they're replacing.
AggieOO
hbc07 said:

join the strava group if you want a bunch of "buddies"
Phat32
AG
wcb said:

rasher said:

Curious to hear details. Glad to hear they're replacing.
The optical HR monitor has been skipping, and today's run was nothing but errors. Never had an issue with my 235.

The watch is great otherwise...but I can't seem to figure out how to turn down the vibration on alerts.
wcb
AG
My first few runs were a bit spotty on HR. No idea why. After about 3 of them it seemed to settle in.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

hbc07 said:

And then feel bad about how lazy your are.
hbc07
AG
AggieOO said:

hbc07 said:

What's the name of the club/group?
AggieOO
TexAgs.com
hbc07
AG
Found it and requested to join. Thanks!
agfan2013
AG
Quote:

The watch is great otherwise...but I can't seem to figure out how to turn down the vibration on alerts.

I was wondering this myself. Anybody know how to do it or even turn them off? I want to see them if I look at the watch but I dont need a buzzsaw going off everytime I get a text or groupme notification. Otherwise I really like it so far, went with the NoFrills watch face and am really liking how clean it looks and still gives me the info I want.
AgEng06
AG
If it's like the Fenix, you should be able to use the Connect app to manage what apps/actions you get notifications for. I'm not aware of a way to turn down the vibration intensity.

Granted, this will remove the notification all together, which may not be what you want.
hillcountryag86
AG
I've been looking at buying the 235 for the last few weeks. I think it has all I want. But now the 735 is the same price. Probably not a smart decision but I may stay with the 235 as the 735 has far more features than I think I will ever want so I'll stay with the 235.

After a few uses, I'll probably wish the 235 had some of the 735 features!
Phat32
AG
hillcountryag86 said:

I've been looking at buying the 235 for the last few weeks. I think it has all I want. But now the 735 is the same price. Probably not a smart decision but I may stay with the 235 as the 735 has far more features than I think I will ever want so I'll stay with the 235.

If it's the same price, I still recommend getting the 735. If you ever decide to swim, you're going to be ticked that your 235 doesn't have that capability.

At least that was my experience.
AggieOO
hillcountryag86 said:

if they are the same price, why not get the 735? better to have features you don't use than to want/need features you don't have.

my Fenix has way more crap than I'll ever use, but I'm already using more than I thought I would when I got it.
hillcountryag86
AG
AggieOO said:

hillcountryag86 said:

if they are the same price, why not get the 735? better to have features you don't use than to want/need features you don't have.

my Fenix has way more crap than I'll ever use, but I'm already using more than I thought I would when I got it.
You and Rasher are right and I should get more features for the same price. I've also looked a the Fenix and I like the altimeter and compass as I'm in the Pike forest in Colorado a few times a year. Maybe not critical to have those features but definitely a nice to have.

Thank you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.