Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

MS150 Roll Call

2,060 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RO519
RO519
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are a little over a week away. Who all is riding in it this year?

If you are, what team?

I'm a first time rider, riding with Norton Rose Fulbright this year.
AggieOO
5th year with Karbach
rao11010
AG
4th year, Archrock Services. Hopefully we get to ride both days this year
RO519
AG
The weather isn't looking great, but it still a 10 day forecast, a lot can change.
RO519
AG
AggieOO said:

5th year with Karbach
I live right around the corner from their brewery. I keep meaning to ride with yall one weekend, but I haven't had a chance.
drewbie08
AG
3rd time for me. What is the current weather forecast?
RO519
AG
Saturday: Houston 60% chance of thunderstorms
Saturday: La Grange 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms
Sunday: La Grange 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms
Sunday: Austin 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms

Hopefully the thunderstorms hold off. I don't mind a little rain.
mm98
AG
Good luck to all this year. Ride safe.

Sitting this one out for the first time in many years.
txags92
AG
Something like my 13th ms150...9th time doing houston to austin. Riding with Ol Army Cycling. I have MS, so thanks from the bottom of my heart to all who are riding and raising funds for us!
Big Cat `93
AG
Hope the weather finally agrees with y'all again. Godspeed.
MooreTrucker
AG
Y'all that are riding give some high fives to the Carney Men. Some special folks.

A million dollars! Yes I'm bragging!
Crazy Ag 97
AG
1st year riding. Riding with a small team from work, although I'm kicking myself for not riding with Karbach.

Wind forecast looks pretty good as it looks to be a cross or tail all weekend, rain/storm forecast doesn't look great, but it's still early.
AggieOO
Crazy Ag 97 said:

1st year riding. Riding with a small team from work, although I'm kicking myself for not riding with Karbach.

plenty of free beer for non-karbach riders. just come over to the tent!
mm98
AG
Last year was a really strong tailwind too. I went up some nice rolling hills in the 18-20moh range.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
AggieOO said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

I'm planning on it. Karbach sponsors our tri club, so I'm hoping to come over and mooch a beer off of Adam after I'm done riding.
AggieOO
Crazy Ag 97 said:

AggieOO said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

I'm planning on it. Karbach sponsors our tri club, so I'm hoping to come over and mooch a beer off of Adam after I'm done riding.
won't have any problem getting beer from Adam.
CATAGBQ04
AG
AggieOO said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

AggieOO said:

Crazy Ag 97 said:

won't have any problem getting beer from Adam.
I think we're bringing something like 70 kegs for our beer garden...full pours for everyone!

7th year, 5th year riding with Karbach
drewbie08
AG
Even though it was just one day last year, the tailwind was incredible. Fastest century ride I've ever done. Let's hope for the same weather luck this year.
RO519
AG
Jury is still out on the weather, depends on which weather site you look at. One calls for beautiful weather and a tail wind all weekend. Another calls for a tailwind and beautiful weather Saturday and a head wind Sunday. And another calls for head winds and rain all weekend. I guess we will figure it out as we ride!
yestoast
MS15ONYOURLEFT!

I need to get back involved, and get back on the bike...
AggieOO
Looks like a heck of a tailwind on saturday, and a rough headwind on sunday. Rain overnight in La Grange.
RO519
AG
AggieOO said:

Looks like a heck of a tailwind on saturday, and a rough headwind on sunday. Rain overnight in La Grange.
Yep. The camp Saturday night may get a little sketchy. Y'all ready?!?
dave99ag
AG
Stay dry out there and embrace the wind!
txags92
AG
Ready here...my sister is driving to lagrange as a team volunteer. If it gets too sketchy we will just hop in the car to ride it out.
AggieOO
On the bus to Houston!
MooreTrucker
AG
Ride hard!! Be safe!!
wessimo
AG
Will be interesting to see if they go forward with both days given the severe weather threat Saturday night.
AggieOO
Weather isn't looking as bad now.

Plus, supposed to hit overnight and be done before we ride day 2.
dave99ag
AG
In recent years, how day twos have there been? It seems like it's been a string of bad luck with the weather.
wessimo
AG
The question is whether they will let people camp overnight in la grange with the prospect of potentially severe weather. They are pretty risk averse.
txags92
AG
Apparently they have a plan to get people into solid structures if the severe weather threat actually develops saturday night. Hope they dont need to use it...
wessimo
AG
If they have to clear the fairgrounds in the middle of the night that is not going to be fun.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
I've been pretty excited to ride my first MS150 this year, but it likes like it's not going to happen. Unfortunately, I threw out my back last Tuesday, and I kept thinking I could just suck it up and ride. Well, after 10 days of pain, and still no where even close to not being in pain, it looks like I will be getting my first ever DNS. I have been in denial the last couple of days because I felt like I could just suffer through it and still ride (which I could stupidly do), but with a 70.3 just 3 weeks away and Ironman Chattanooga 21 weeks away, I know the smart thing to do is get my back healthy before resuming my training.
AggieOO
They will bus people to the high school.
vansprinkle
AG
Crazy Ag: Sorry to hear it.

AggieOO: I think there is some room at the high school, but don't think there is enough for 10k plus volunteers. Im curious what they've come up with since our conference call on Thursday.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.