Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Run Analysis

2 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hey Zeus
Hey Zeus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm new to Austin and wanted to see if anyone has had their running form looked at by a professional in the area. I have had some lingering injuries and I don't feel quite balanced when I'm running. Thanks.
AggieOO
you could try Run Lab. Their office is at Rogue downtown.
Hey Zeus
I looked into them but they bill insurance around $230 for an analysis which seems like a lot. I am looking for something a bit less and a little more in depth to help uncover some issues.
AggieOO
well, from what i understand from people who have gone, they are very in-depth.

cost, can't help there.
Hey Zeus
In depth in what way?
aggiederelict
That pricing seems really high. I know the work Run Lab does. They use massage therapists to do their analysis and bill insurance quite a bit (which means you will be paying to meet your deductible).

We offer run analysis in our clinic for cheaper and really provide comprehensive care from a doctor of physical therapy. If you are interested we would be glad to offer a very nice Texags discount to you Hey Zeus or anyone else who may be interested.
AggieOO
aggiederelict said:

That pricing seems really high. I know the work Run Lab does. They use massage therapists to do their analysis and bill insurance quite a bit (which means you will be paying to meet your deductible).
very true. but they also film and break down your form.

i've never personally used them, so i'm not defending them. For all I know, they are terrible, but I've heard good things from people who have gone. Maybe those people are drinking the Rogue kool-aid.
aggiederelict
I have treated many of the Rogue crowd and they get and stay pretty banged up. Nice people over there but I think their pricing for their run analysis is high. I have seen their analysis and have had patients that haven't been that impressed by the analysis.
Aggietaco
AG
And who do you work for/with?
aggiederelict
If anyone is interested let me know and I will hook you up.

I work for Carter Physiotherapy. We are located at Bee Cave and Mopac.

carterpt.com
Hey Zeus
This sounds perfect. What kind of discount are we talking about here? The website looks like you guys do a lot of different things. Interesting model you have.
aggiederelict
Thanks for the kind words. Ill offer a $99 discount for a run analysis to any texags members. It is a great model. Allows us to give great care without the restriction of the healthcare system.
Hey Zeus
Just wanted to update this. I went in for a running analysis this past week at Carter Physiotherapy. They were super knowledgeable about running form.

They provided me with all the videos, a written analysis, and a home program to work on the deficits they saw during the running analysis.

Apparently I don't use my hamstrings enough so I have some homework to do to get stronger with a few other things to work on.

If anyone is interested they are offering a sweet deal to Texags member for $99. A really great deal for the level of insight they provide.

Thanks aggiederelict.
AggieOO
el_scorcho
AG
If you're looking for further run analysis or a training regimen to help with any issues, look up Valerie Hunt from RunRX. She is in north Austin and super cool to work with.
https://runrx.fit/coaches/
Hey Zeus
el_scorcho,

Thanks for the recommendation. I got a chance to look at her website. I am not really a fan of Pose Method because of their adherance to their "system". I like approaches that are really grounded in the research and biomechanics.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.