Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Protein powder

1,441 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by shano0603
aggiesarah2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've recently gotten into making smoothies for breakfast every day and I'm looking for a good protein powder to add. They're just not keeping me full enough. I've heard good things about the shakeology stuff but I work out maybe 2x/week and I think it's more geared toward that kind of lifestyle (plus it's expensive). Can anyone recommend one I can pick up at HEB or order from Amazon?
AgEng06
AG
I always recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey. You can get it at HEB or Amazon (although Amazon is cheaper).
Matsui
AG
Get that egg white powder
bigtruckguy3500
I've recently gotten into BodyTech WheyTech Pro from Vitamin Shoppe. When they have their BOGO 50% off is when I buy. It's pretty much an exact clone of ON Gold Standard.

I've heard good things about MyProtein as well, but haven't gotten it. Here's a good site that does independent testing. Just be aware that they factor somethings into the rankings that you might not care about, like proteins that use splenda in it for example lose points.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
O.G.
At HEB, I would go with Eat The Bear. No sugar in it and there are only 5 ingredients.
shano0603
AG
Syntrax Nectar is very healthy and good for mixing.

You can't go wrong with gold standard though.

Just get a flavor that meshes well with what you add.

If you live in Houston, nutrition depot is a good place to go.
Wife is an Aggie
6 lb bag at Costco for $30 is hard to beat. 27g protein and only 130 cals per serving plus it is also NSF certified.

If price isn't a concern then I would probably get something else but for the price the Costco one is a ridiculous deal.
AGGIE WH08P
AG
Costco's is the best deal I've found. Worth the $50-70 membership alone I'd say! It goes on sale every 2-3 months. When it does, I buy 3-4 and that's my morning breakfast shake post workout. Here is what I have saved on my phone to make sure I'm buying it at the best price.

Costco Protein
Muscle milk 100% Whey
$40 for 27g serving 75 servings
54g and 37 servings (2 scoopes)
$0.81 per serv.
**if I buy it on sale for $10 off. $29.99
aggiesarah2004
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions! Do all powders have a flavor? I have a few recipes that I love and I don't want to throw them off with a weird flavor.
StickTogetherAgs

My favorite brand and flavor
shano0603
AG
aggiesarah2004 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions! Do all powders have a flavor? I have a few recipes that I love and I don't want to throw them off with a weird flavor.

No. But most do.
shano0603
AG
StickTogetherAgs said:

My favorite brand and flavor

On sale for 39.99 at nutrition depot
aggiesarah2004
AG
Thanks y'all
StickTogetherAgs
Thank you
PetrolAg
AG
Shakeology is excellent. IMO it is geared more towards those just looking for a meal replacement than a protein supplement. I think its excellent and will buy a bag from time to time although its a little pricey. If I drink Shakeology I will add additional protein powder to it.

For protein I like Promix. Their grass fed whey is very high quality and you can get unflavored so its perfect for smoothies.
Theblondewonder
AG
I use Isopure from Amazon. 4 stars out of 6,700 reviews
bigtruckguy3500
Unflavored MyProtein available for an insane deal right now. $50 for 11 pounds, plus shipping, and you get a little free creatine as well. They have other flavors as well. I've never bought from them before, but they have really good reviews.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10000920-myprotein-flash-sale-11lb-impact-whey-protein-0-5lb-creatine-monohydrate-50-more-free-s-h-on-70
shano0603
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Unflavored MyProtein available for an insane deal right now. $50 for 11 pounds, plus shipping, and you get a little free creatine as well. They have other flavors as well. I've never bought from them before, but they have really good reviews.

https://slickdeals.net/f/10000920-myprotein-flash-sale-11lb-impact-whey-protein-0-5lb-creatine-monohydrate-50-more-free-s-h-on-70
HUH. Is that legal?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.