Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

CG Games

1,097 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BAT2007
BAT2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the first time in my 6 year membership (Camp Gladiator), I've signed up for the CG Games (Prelims)

I am by no means a competitor in that I know I won't make it to the finals in Austin. I decided to sign up to give myself a challenge since I've just flat out been scared to sign up in the past!

For those that have done it in the past, what has your experience been like? What in the world am I in for?
Aggietaco
AG
I think we had a thread on it last year. It's a lot of fun for me because I'm in Austin, know most of the local trainers and know most of the folks that make it to finals from the area. I think it's a good measure of general fitness, but there are some areas where specific movement related experience plays a role.

Even if you don't make the finals cut, assuming you have the time/desire, I'd try and come to finals. It's a great atmosphere and fun to watch or volunteer.
Aggietaco
AG
Also, 6 years? You've been around since some of the early years!
BAT2007
AG
I thought I remembered a thread from last year, but didn't find it in my searches...I'll check again!
I've wanted to come watch the finals and will definitely try and get down there this year

I'm in the Ft. Worth area and started on a Groupon back in Feb 2011. I think my trainer started with the company in the fall of 2010 so yeah, I was on in the very beginning stages of it up here!

I love my primary trainer along with many members of the team that she's built so I've stuck with it over the years since I'm not a good gym person
Lily09
AG
Prelims were fun. I've done it twice but never made it to the finals. It was challenging and I'm glad I tried it. They will announce the different "tests" at one point so make sure you understand the rules. They usually post videos to explain it.

Good luck!
Floydburger
AG
I joined last August during the $8 birthday celebration month. Love the trainers and community that I have here in Ellis county. Just finished my first CG fit and signed up for CG games prelims. Definitely a good alternative if you're not a gym person.
Aggietaco
AG
One point of advice, go to as many of the prelim training events that your trainers hold as possible. If they don't offer any, get together with some of your fellow campers and do your own by just running through the videos and. While nothing is going to replace athletic skill from training, figuring out the nuances of the events and developing a technique can help.
BAT2007
AG
Thank y'all for the feedback! My trainer did mention about getting some training sessions done together so I'll definitely be taking her up on that!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.