Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Milk

2,106 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by double aught
Post removed:
by user
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=tH9-9IC7qyY
94DallasAG
AG
Raw
P.U.T.U
bigtruckguy3500
My opinion is that it depends. Some people's cholesterol are more responsive to animal fats. I drink whole milk, and I think if you keep your carb intake relatively low, the fat from whole milk is fine.

While I do drink a ton of milk, I am of the opinion that milk is not needed at all to have a healthy diet. The dairy cartel basically lobbied to get it to be considered an important part of the diet and necessary for healthy bones.
P.U.T.U
AG
Kid drinks whole milk, wife drinks 1%. I drink whatever one we have more of. As a whole drink what works for you, your calories should not come from a lot of liquids especially if you are trying to lose weight.

I used to work at the dairy department at Kroger and used to drink a gallon a day (normally whatever had a leaky seal that we were supposed to chunk anyways). Good, inexpensive way to get protein and calories in, especially since we subsidize it.

And in before someone says something about humans being the only species that drink another animals milk. We are also the only ones smart enough to process it so shut up.
AggieOO
almond milk. but that's b/c i think regular milk is pretty much disgusting.

i can somehow overlook it is in other forms of dairy, but not milk by itself.
Potcake
AG
Almond milk here.
TAT2DAG
AG
I don't drink it, but the teenager and toddler go through it like madmen. We buy them whole milk.

I go for full fat yogurt and cheeses.
DannyDuberstein
AG
We go with 2% at our house. Try to cut down on the fat, but anything lower than 2% just seems too watery.
Aggietaco
AG
Almond milk is the key to the perfect bowl of cereal.
rshackelford
AG
Aggietaco said:

We tried making the switch. Consensus in the house was that it was gross. Almond breeze, silk almond, vanilla, sweetened, unsweetend. All just imparted a funky flavor we couldnt get over
AggieOO
rshackelford said:

Aggietaco said:

We tried making the switch. Consensus in the house was that it was gross. Almond breeze, silk almond, vanilla, sweetened, unsweetend. All just imparted a funky flavor we couldnt get over
but you like the nasty cow milk flavor?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Our household had the same input on almond. Give us that stanky cow titty. It's magically delicious.
P.U.T.U
AG
Almond milk is low and calories...and protein and calcium. Don't get me wrong I think oatmeal taste best with using almond milk instead of water but there is not much there as far as what I drink milk for. But that is just me, I know if you were trying to lose weight it may not be a bad switch, but I prefer just to eat the almonds to get all the good stuff from them.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AggieOO said:

but you like the nasty cow milk flavor?
bert harbinson
AG
Hard core 2%er.
bmks270
AG
It's an individual decision. Look at your situation, your diet, the dietary needs of others in your household, and decide what is right for you.

I eat a lot of whole eggs and oils which are high in fat, so I go with 2%.... I'd probabaly go with whole milk if I didn't get so much fat from other sources.

JoCoAg09
AG
2% in my family. 1% might as well be water and Whole might as well be gravy.
gigemJTH12
AG
I have read you dont get nearly as much of the nutrients of milk if its skim.

I usually buy 1%. I will drink anything though.

I love Promised Land if I am feeling rich(rarely)
jejdag
No love for coconut milk? The wife and I like the SO Delicious brand, unsweetened, on everything we would normally have used milk for.
HvilleAggie
AG
HEB Mootopia 2% lifer here. Most mornings I'm eating frosted shredded mini wheats with some fruit added. The chocolate version is pretty much the perfect post-workout recovery drink and is damn rich and delicious tasting to boot.
Matsui
AG
Isn't the #1 ingredient in that sugar?
gigemJTH12
AG
Facts from the Mootopia 2%:

8 Serving Per Container
Serving Size
1.00 cup(240ml)

Amount Per Serving

Calories

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 4.5g
6%Saturated Fat 3g
15%Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 20mg
7%Sodium 110mg
5%Potassium 328mg
6%Total Carbohydrate 6g
2%Dietary Fiber 0g
0%Protein 13g
26%Total Sugars 6g
Includes Added Sugars 0g
0%

IngredientsHigh Protein, High Calcium, Reduced Sugar, UltraFiltered Reduced Fat Milk, Sugar, Cocoa (Processed with Alkali), Salt, Carrageenan, Acesulfame Potassium, Artificial Flavor (Vanillin), Sucralose, Lactase Enzyme, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D3.

Specification
Counterpoint
AG
HvilleAggie said:

HEB Mootopia 2% lifer here. Most mornings I'm eating frosted shredded mini wheats with some fruit added. The chocolate version is pretty much the perfect post-workout recovery drink and is damn rich and delicious tasting to boot.
I LOVE Mootopia. But I don't want it to get more popular, and thus even more expensive so...
Mootopia sucks. Don't try it.
monarch
S
HEB 1% and Promised Land chocolate. Sometimes, I get chocolate milk from Fiesta under the Highlands label- it is gluten free.
kbw01
AG
is great for calfs
RightWingConspirator
AG
I drink heavy whipping cream. That gets my vote.
p-wonk01
AG
BOOM!

Ok...I actually saw that in Pacific City, OR when visiting years ago and had to take a picture.

(I've been waiting two years for a reason to post this picture.... )
double aught
AG
Looks like milk Nazis would drink.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.