Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Tried trap bar squats for the first time...

1,210 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HelenaMitchell
crowman2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let me tell you, I'm amazed at how sore my legs/butt/shoulders/back are from this exercise. Benefits of a dead-lift and squat in the same exercise. AWESOME!
Walter Kovacs
AG
I had to google this. It's a trap bar deadlift from a lower position/from a box? I was hoping it was some sort of overhead hold which sounded hilarious at the time.
crowman2010
AG
Walter Kovacs said:

I had to google this. It's a trap bar deadlift from a lower position/from a box? I was hoping it was some sort of overhead hold which sounded hilarious at the time.
You can call it a trap bar deadlift, its basically the same thing, just from a full squat position.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Not trying to be a smart ass, but can't you accomplish the same thing with dumbbells?
Potcake
AG
Big ass dumbells.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Fair enough. I don't go heavy anymore, so my mind doesn't go there. My bad.
HelenaMitchell
I have also tried trap bar squats and it is the best strength training exercise as it transfers the load more to the knees than to the hips of the lumbar spine. This exercise also improves posture and hence ideal for those who are desk bound for 8 hours per day. There are many guides like programme entrainement sportif which helps in carrying these kind of workouts in a proper way.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.