Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Rock n Roll Dallas Half

1,359 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rudyjax
bert harbinson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two weeks from today, anybody else running this? My second consecutive year...expecting a big crowd of runners and a much improved time. Good luck to all those participating.
wangus12
AG
Not this year. I might be volunteering at it though
The Pilot
AG
RAcing it
BreckCO2000
AG
Running
EllisCoAg
AG
the course kick my ass last year, this year it is personal.
Rudyjax
AG
I'm in. Just started back running in January. Hoping for a PR. I was on pace last year for a huge PR until my feet and knee started hurting. Knowing I had races coming up, I took my shoes off and walked a bit. Still beat my time from the previous year. Hoping for a PR.

This is my 4th. I did the 2010, 2015 & 2016.

2010: 2:09:02
2015: 1:42:08
2016: 1:42:01

My PR is 1:38:23 at Dallas in 2015.

The Pilot
AG
This will be my first year to run the new course. The old course had a great fast finish, not so much anymore.
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

This will be my first year to run the new course. The old course had a great fast finish, not so much anymore.

That last .1 down hill was awesome.

This one has quite a profile. The bridge doesn't show up in elevation becasue the elevation doesn't change but you do.
bert harbinson
AG
Yep, you run opposite of regular traffic flow, up the ramp that exits off the bridge. A little later the Kessler Park hills happen.
bert harbinson
AG
Two days to go. Was hoping for cooler weather but it's going to be kind of warm and breezy.

Best of luck to everyone running.
kbw01
AG
Good luck.
Rudyjax
AG
Gonna be a hot one fo sho.

Shooting for a PR. Wish me luck.
The Pilot
AG
Good luck. What time are you aiming for?
Rudyjax
AG
Sub 1:38.
The Pilot
AG
DRC will have a 1:35 pace team.
Rudyjax
AG
The Pilot said:

DRC will have a 1:35 pace team.

Thanks. I just hope I don't get pushed to the front of coral 1 again. That killed me last year.
wangus12
AG
How'd everyone do this morning. I know it wasn't too bad heat wise, but there was definitely some humidity this morning
The Pilot
AG
1:26. First time running this course, had aspirations of running low 6s on the back end, hill on sylvan had other plans for me
bert harbinson
AG
I'm old and slow. Was shooting for 1:55 or better, but hills, heat, and lack of a breeze made it rough. Finished in 2:01 which was 7 minutes better than last year, but still disappointed that I wasn't able to push a little harder.

Great time Pilot!

wangus12
AG
Several people telling me they clocked 13.5 miles this year. Probably didn't run the tangents
Rudyjax
AG
wangus12 said:

Several people telling me they clocked 13.5 miles this year. Probably didn't run the tangents

13.2 for me and almost got that PR. Missed it by 5 seconds but that hill on mile 8 zapped me. I went out way too fast. Again. No more corral one for me in this race.
Rudyjax
AG
Apparently people are up in arms about the lack of water and running out for the people that take a long time to finish. Apparently the last 2 stops were out of water and cups.

Tons of heat related issues. Apparently they weren't prepared for as hot as it was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.