Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Saddle Blazer Trail Run

1,988 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sooner Born
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming up in a couple weeks. 2.25.17 A handful of you guys came out last year, and I know some are returning. Would love to host more of you this year.

Happy to answer any questions about course, pre-race, post-race, etc, etc.

Anyone who hasn't registered, email me (in profile) for discount.

100K, 26.2, 13.1, 10K, and 10K with your dog...plus a FREE Trail Beer mile at 5p (enter in the website)

All distances on 95%+ unique trail, so no running loops over and over.

AggieOO
also, and this hasn't been announced yet, but there's a certain high end athletic clothing company that will most likely be on-site with an activation/marketing event after your race. We are finalizing details, but if you take part in it, you will leave with more $$ in clothing than what your race registration costs.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

also, and this hasn't been announced yet, but there's a certain high end athletic clothing company that will most likely be on-site with an activation/marketing event after your race. We are finalizing details, but if you take part in it, you will leave with more $$ in clothing than what your race registration costs.
Woot! I could use some more citrus branded clothing... Although I still haven't figured out why my free Strava shirt is worth $70.
AggieOO
the shorts are the real prize.
Aggietaco
AG
I'm still pissed I didn't check mileage before that challenge ended.
AggieOO
Lululemon sweatbox is confirmed.

I just got a few cases of silicon pint glasses to give away.

and here's the video recap of last year's race in case it sways anyone: https://vimeo.com/157759811
Aggietaco
AG
Looking forward to it. Think I talked a few guys into the 10k and the rib may be up for some easy volunteering if you've got a nice shady spot for her.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Looking forward to it. Think I talked a few guys into the 10k and the rib may be up for some easy volunteering if you've got a nice shady spot for her.

Would be awesome if she volunteers. I'm sure we can keep her in the shade.
AggieOO
marked course all day today. They got 1.5 inches of rain, so there's a lot of mud and the creek is running high. I'd expect some drying with highs around 85 this week, and i think the flow rate of the creek will come down too. I marked the new creek section and nothing was over knee deep, but i'd prefer it to be a little shallower and clearer water. The creek section is now about a quarter mile that connects to the hay fields via a trail I basically built/cleared today going down the embankment.

going up "the wall" was a PITA today with it being wet, but i'd imagine that'll be in much better shape on saturday.

Super stoked for this year's race. I've got 20 pairs of Goodr sunglasses to give away. Each 100K runner gets a pair, then we'll see how many are left and how those get dispersed.
Aggietaco
AG
How many ultra runners are you up to?

And 1/4 mile through the creek? Wasn't it like 50 yards last year?
aggiemonocle
Are there any new races coming up? Although, it has been pretty blazing in Austin this week.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Yes, much longer

I think we have 8 in the 100k.

Been marking course all day. Have to do the other property tomorrow be everyone starts showing up.
AggieOO
aggiemonocle said:

Are there any new races coming up? Although, it has been pretty blazing in Austin this week.

Saddle Blazer is Saturday. That's the end of our series until fall.
Aggietaco
AG
aggiemonocle said:

Rogue's trail series starts up in March and runs through May. Same 3 courses every year with 30k and 10k options. I enjoy the Spectrum runs more, but the Rogue runs are a lot of fun as well.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

Yes, much longer

I think we have 8 in the 100k.

Been marking course all day. Have to do the other property tomorrow be everyone starts showing up.
How's the heat? Glad to see that "cold front" blowing through this afternoon.
Sooner Born
Looking forward to it! I am coming off an injury so it won't be anything other than a long run for me but can't wait to get out and see the course!
AggieOO
Justhe came in from the communal campfire. I'm beat, but I love trail runners. Hope everyone had a good time, that's really all I can ask for
Aggietaco
AG
Thanks again, AggieOO, had a blast!
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Congrats on 3rd*
Sooner Born
Thanks again, OO! The quarter mile in the creek was...fun?
AggieOO
if you guys are interested in some free shades, Goodr is giving away 6 more pair:

https://www.playgoodr.com/saddle-blazer-giveaway/
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

Congrats on 3rd*
You know where you can put that asterisk?
AggieOO
Sooner Born said:

my favorite part of the course (not including one baddass section of the 100K).

i knew adding that in was going to be a "love it or hate it" part of the race, but its not going anywhere unless we have a huge rain right before/during the race. At that point, it'd be removed.
AggieOO
If you didn't see the post-race email. Results and photos:

Your complimentary race photos: http://azulox.zenfolio.com/saddleblazer17
Results: http://edsresults.com/blazer17/
Sooner Born
AggieOO said:

Sooner Born said:

my favorite part of the course (not including one baddass section of the 100K).

i knew adding that in was going to be a "love it or hate it" part of the race, but its not going anywhere unless we have a huge rain right before/during the race. At that point, it'd be removed.
It was definitely fun. I've done many stream crossings but never raced upstream for that long.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.