Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anterior Tibialis Tendon Tear AKA Crockpots are evil

886 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Swarely
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy guys,

So I got two brand new crockpots for Christmas. On December 30th I was unpacking one of them. As I took it out the packaging broke and the ceramic part landed right between my bare feet the pot broke into several pieces and cut both my feet up badly. The left much worse than the right.

I went to urgent care and got stitches. I held off taking the antibiotics for a couple days so I could go spend NYE with some friends. Apparently those two days were all it took for infection to set in.

So battled a really bad infection for a couple weeks. We're talking about multiple different types of oral antibiotics, plus at least three shots of super antibiotics and 60 hours of bed rest with my foot elevated.

I ended up going to see a podiatrist this past Monday, he sent me to get a MRI on Wednesday, and then I went to go see him today where he tells me that I have severed my anterior tibialis tendon. He's shocked that I can move my foot at all, much less move it with strength like I can.

Anyways, surgery is on Tuesday to repair it. After that I wear a cast for 5 weeks, a boot for 3, then a brace for a couple more.

All from a ****ing crockpot.

Sorry, the story is too ridiculous not to tell.

My question for y'all is- what should I expect? Pain wise, therapy wise, time back to running and cycling, etc. I don't expect anyone to have the exact same injury, but possibly have had to have a tendon grafted somewhere else on their body. Any tips would be appreciated. Also prayers and thoughts.

Thanks and gig'em!
Drillbit4
AG
No tips. Just condolences .
BlueMiles
AG
Thoughts and prayers. What a terrible ordeal. I have no experience with any of that except wearing "the boot." I hope you are back on your feet soon.
Swarely
Thanks yall
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Tore my Achilles last year, had surgery a week later, soft cast for 3-4 weeks (showers were a pain in the rear because you had to wrap it and I was still on crutches), next was boot with crutches for a couple weeks, then just a boot with different angles of inserts.

My experience, couldn't do much of anything for the weeks on crutches, bunch of suck. I didn't have much pain and hardly used any drugs outside the first few days. Total recovery time is for me was 8 months to a year including PT, Achilles works fine now and I can do everything I could before, but it does feel different a year plus from surgery.
La Vernia_Ag06
AG
Hit send too soon, good luck with your surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery.
Swarely
Thanks for the input!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.