Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Go-to Running Shoes?

1,543 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by A is A
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There are tons of runners on this board -- I'm one of them. I'm just curious -- what are y'all's go to running shoes? I've been fitted, and I know what I like. I'm just looking for stuff to try out.

I ran in Asics for awhile (Nimbus, Cumulus), then switched to Brooks Glycerin. I tried Hokas, and I love them. I had some Odyssey 2s, and just retired them. I read about the Clifton 3s, bought a pair -- I don't love them. So, I'm looking for replacements. Anyone had luck with the Vanquish?

I love the maximum cushion feel. The Odysseys had a great return. The Cliftons.. not so much.
zip04
AG
I love Saucony Kinvara's, but I currently run in (and really like) Nike LunarTempo 2s. I am not a big fan of maximum cushion. I like a lighter shoe that feels closer to the ground. I tried the Asic Gel Nimbus last year and ended up turning them into a casual wear shoe because it felt like I was running on a cloud (too pillowy feeling).
AggieOO
Brooks launch for road
Brooks cascadia for trail
The Pilot
AG
Kinvara.
wcb
AG
Brooks Glycerin. Except the 14's. Really hoping they go back to a bigger toe box on the 15's.
Bert315
AG
Run in Glycerins currently and love them. Definitely my go to for long distance. Had some Brooks PureConnects but believe they quit making them. They were great for short distance runs.
lima bean
AG
Brooks ghost and hoka cliftons and hoka conquest. Love hoka!
lp01
AG
I've run in the Kinvaras and like them. This fall I trained in New Balance Zante v2 and Nike LunarTempo2. Just ran Houston last weekend in On Cloudflow shoes. Really liked them.
Big Cat `93
AG
NB Vazee Pace, which is OK, but I think I'm going back to the Kinvara.
bushytailed
AG
Brooks Raveena!

I tried the Asics GT1000 at the start of training season. They were ok for awhile. Had two hard falls, the second of which resulted in a cracked rib. I blame the shoe, lol. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Went back to the Raveenas just in time for BCS last month and I'm not looking back.
NoahAg
First few years when I started marathoning, I ran mostly in Nimbus, with a few other random models mixed in. Now I'm on like my 6th pair of Ghosts. Last purchase, I bought 2 pair directly from Brooks for $60 each.

I did put 400+ miles on some Newtons last spring/summer, just to try something new. I liked them, but think I'll stick with more traditional shoes.
agcivengineer
AG
Im on my 3rd pair of brooks ghost. I just bought a pair of version 8 for $58 delivered from 6pm.com.
Endo Ag
AG
I ran with Newtons for years,but developed a sensitive spot under a toe.

Switched to Brooks Pure Connect till it was discontinued last year. Loved those.

Went through two pair of Altras. Loved those but probobly kept them too long and got a ache in one arch.

Currently running in Topo shoes. 60 miles in and they are pretty sweet.

Brooks Pure Grit for trails. They better not discontinue those!!!!
h1ag
AG
I stick with Mizuno Wave Runners. I've tried out various Asics and Brooks, but I always end up coming back to Mizunos.
A is A
AG
I've gone through 3 pairs of Brooks Launch 2. They are my favorite shoes. Unfortunately the foam is dying so I'm going to have to find another shoe in the coming months.

Brooks Launch 3 was disappointing. A weird fit.
Smokedraw01
I've been running in Glycerines for a while and like them.
AggieOO
nyc_aggie said:

I've gone through 3 pairs of Brooks Launch 2. They are my favorite shoes. Unfortunately the foam is dying so I'm going to have to find another shoe in the coming months.

interesting. i didn't notice any difference from the 2 to the 3. they only changed the upper, but that can affect the fit.
agproducer
AG
It really is a "to each his own" sort of thing. I may have to try out some of the others y'all have suggested for a change of pace.
A is A
AG
AggieOO said:

nyc_aggie said:

interesting. i didn't notice any difference from the 2 to the 3. they only changed the upper, but that can affect the fit.
it was slight. I could have been jaded. 2s were my first legit running shoes after switching over from Nike. Maybe I just got picky.

Anyway, going to try the 4s this weekend....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.