Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Anybody ever had Rituximab infusion treatments?

709 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zemira
MaroonSpirit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be having my first one on Monday.

I just wanted to know what the board's thoughts are....anybody done this before?

tia
MaroonSpirit
AG
anybody?
txags92
AG
I Know a few that were in a trial using it for MS, but I don't know them personally and have no idea what their experience was with it.
bigtruckguy3500
My dad had it. Fairly low side effect profile with him. I think he was usually tired after his sessions, but that was probably more to the fact that he was anemic at the time and waking up early to start the treatments in the morning. Any specific questions?
Zemira
AG
I have had 4 series of Rituxan infusions over the last 8 years.

The biggest concern and side effect is allergic reaction so the dose you with a big dose of Benadryl. This makes me sleepy/groggy.

The last two rounds I had (Nov 2016) in the morning so I took a nap in the afternoon.

Because of the allergy monitoring the infusion is slow! Usually six hours the first round, 4 hours the second round (if you do 4 it's the first that is longest as well).

I usually bring water, snacks, a blanket, book or reading material becauase it's boring!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.