Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Goodwater 8 mile, 16 mile, marathon, double marathon - discounts!

1,829 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggietaco
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Passing along some discount info if anyone is interested. I'm obviously affiliated with Spectrum Trail Racing, but this one is NOT my race. However, I was notified that there are some additional spots that were opened up above the limits the park initially placed on the field size. Since its getting close to the race, I can help with discounts if anyone is interested in coming to run.

Race is Jan 21st up at Lake Georgetown.

8 mile - rock bottom pricing, no discount. $35
16 mile - $55. I can get you a code for 15% off
marathon and double marathon - $85/$105. I can get you 15% off.

My email is in my profile.

www.spectrumtrailracing.com
Geriatric Punk
AG
8 mile races.
Aggietaco
AG
Dammit.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Dammit.
out of town or already register?
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

Aggietaco said:

Dammit.
out of town or already register?
The cheap-ass in me is considering the marathon just because.
AggieOO
Do it!

I'm still on the fence. Battling the IT band crap. It's getting better, but trying to figure out what I can get away with.
Aggietaco
AG
I've got 20 miles on the schedule this weekend anyway, only thing slowing my decision was the weather (that has now cleared up) and knowing that I'd want to run faster than I should as a training run.
AggieOO
Guess I'm in for the marathon. Wife and I are doing the team double, so I'll be running the opposite direction of most people.
AggieOO
Just found out the 45% off on the marathon is all used up. Can still get 15% off though.
Aggietaco
AG
Was holding out over the weather and a bit of sickness that popped up late Monday but I finally registered for the marathon this morning. Looking forward to finally checking out Lake Georgetown and hope the rain stays away.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

Was holding out over the weather and a bit of sickness that popped up late Monday but I finally registered for the marathon this morning. Looking forward to finally checking out Lake Georgetown and hope the rain stays away.
those trails typically dry out fast, but expect a lot of mud with the amount of rain we've had.
The InTIMidator
AG
I did the 16-mile and had a great time! The course was very challenging and my pace was much slower than anticipated.
AggieOO
Glad you enjoyed it!

I ran the marathon. Slower than I'd hoped, but I was still feeling the 100K I just ran. Biggest win for me was no IT issues!
oldarmy76
What was your time? I live near the trail and frequent it often. It is quite a challenging run. I image it would slow a lot of people down.
AggieOO
I ran just over 4:30 for the full loop. I've been running out there for several years and was expecting about 20-25 mins faster, but I'm pretty beat up right now.

The front runners werr right at 3:30. The winner of the double marathon went sub-9 hours.

oldarmy76
Nice! Never ran the whole thing...just walked it and it took most of the day. The only bad part about the trail is the beggars lice that makes (at least the south half) almost Unwalkable from late spring to summer.
Do you experience this as well?
AggieOO
yeah, its a pain to pull all that stuff off my clothes, mostly my shoes/socks.
Aggietaco
AG
AggieOO said:

I ran just over 4:30 for the full loop. I've been running out there for several years and was expecting about 20-25 mins faster, but I'm pretty beat up right now.

The front runners werr right at 3:30. The winner of the double marathon went sub-9 hours.

Quit trying to marginalize my 30 second victory, even though you were running the opposite direction.
AggieOO
Aggietaco said:

AggieOO said:

Quit trying to marginalize my 30 second victory, even though you were running the opposite direction.
and I ran 100K two weeks before.

but seriously, who knows what would have happened if we both toed the same starting line. You might have beaten me without all my excuses.
Aggietaco
AG
I highly doubt it, but I'm going to trumpet that I beat you at a marathon, just like I beat Paul Terranova at one of the vagabond runs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.