Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

anyone take Apple Cider Vinegar as a supplement?

1,858 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
do you just shoot it straight or mix with water? How much?

Any noticed health benefits?

my wife got a bottle yesterday and thinking about starting to take it if its really that good for you.
P.U.T.U
AG
Take it with water or it will screw up your teeth. I use about 8 oz of water and drink it 1-2 times a day. Seems to help digestion a little and joints feel better. So far I like it
Aggietaco
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Take it with water or it will screw up your teeth. I use about 8 oz of water and drink it 1-2 times a day. Seems to help digestion a little and joints feel better. So far I like it
How long have you been doing this?
P.U.T.U
AG
About a month. Takes a bit to get used to the lovely flavor
Pale Rider
AG
Took it for over year, awhile back, when I was having a lot of stomach and indigestion issues.

It more or less solved everything, I'm a big fan. Probably should start taking it again, just for general health.

I would take it before every meal. 1tbspn in a glass, add about 3-4oz of water, then chugged in a single gulp or two.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I tried it a while back and it didn't do much for me. I'm not saying you shouldn't try it by any means. I'm simply saying that you aren't alone if it doesn't work for you.
monarch
S
My brother mixes a tblspn into his morning smoothie; he swears by it.
gigemJTH12
AG
monarch said:

My brother mixes a tblspn into his morning smoothie; he swears by it.
this sounds awful...lol

I am a week into it. I dont know why you would put something that awful into a delicious smoothie. Maybe it gets masked.
AggieChemist
AG
There is anecdotal evidence that it's thermogenic and can affect your leptin/ghrelin hormone levels. So it can potentially upregulate your metabolism a bit and also decrease hunger and increase satiety.

This has not been studied at the molecular level with sufficient rigor, but there is at least one peer reviewed study from Japan that showed a significant effect with respect to decreasing body fat and cholesterol in obese men.
Turk Turkleton
AG
My wife likes to mix it with V8.
HvilleAggie
AG
I don't do it daily like I probably should, but My Fit Foods has a recipe I follow

- 1 tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon squeezed for juice
- 4oz organic unsweetened cranberry juice

I add water to taste, which is usually to fill up the stadium cup (it's smallish, so probably another 4-6oz water)

It's a bitter concoction! I tried shooting the apple cider vinegar straight one day and almost vomited, so I'd steer clear of that method.
AggieChemist
AG
I usually just shoot it diluted 50/50 with water. It's just a swallow. Kick it back past the teeth and you're home free.

Funny story: My sister uses apple cider vinegar as a potty-mouth punishment with her little boys. She calls it "sass-sauce". Last time I was there I said "words" and Ethan immediately announced that I needed sass-sauce. My sister was all too happy to stick it to me, so I went to the kitchen, slammed my shot of sass sauce and then just stood there grinning at the boys.

Now they think I'm superman.
AgEng06
AG
Awesome
gigemJTH12
AG
I have been shooting it. Pretty rough. Lights your insides up on the way down...thats for sure.
RightWingConspirator
AG
Any issues with the acidity of this stuff destroying your insides or eso****us?
Endo Ag
AG
No strong data regarding effectiveness.

Lots of evidence that it should be diluted.
Jim01
AG
I've never tried it, but I have a a vinegar/mustard bbq sauce recipe that uses apple cider vinegar that is the teets!!
10andBOUNCE
AG
I'm on day 5 of this "cleanse" I was sent.
8oz hot water
2 tbsp ACV
1 tbsp Pure Honey

I haven't noticed anything nor do I expcect to, was just curious I suppose.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.