Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Fitness trackers

1,418 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Desert Power
Ukraine Gas Expert
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking into purchasing one primarily for heart rate, and basic tracking.

What is everyone's experience? I mainly workout at the gym, and perform high intensity cardio.

Thanks in advance.
zip04
AG
I love all garmin products and they have a good variety. Fitbit is good too for the average person but have been less accurate in my experience.
Sooner Born
I'll sell you a Fitbit Blaze for $100.
agman08
I love my Fitbit Blaze. I'd take this fella up on his offer. Works great for me.
A very typical day for me is an hour of cardio (elliptical)
Weights and a run. Some days I don't run if I'm running a longer distance in the near future.

The Fitbit has worked great. I love my Garmin too though. Really just depends. The battery on the Fitbit is fantastic
CapCity12thMan
AG
so far we are 4/4 fitbits where the band breaks at some point. They have replaced each time, but still kind of a pain.
07fta07
AG
zip04 said:

I love all garmin products and they have a good variety. Fitbit is good too for the average person but have been less accurate in my experience.

Agreed. My Forerunner 230 has been great and I really like the Garmin app. It doesn't have heart rate monitoring on the wrist, but will accept a chest band heart rate monitor.
Aggietaco
AG
07fta07 said:

zip04 said:

Agreed. My Forerunner 230 has been great and I really like the Garmin app. It doesn't have heart rate monitoring on the wrist, but will accept a chest band heart rate monitor.
The 235 does offer wrist HR monitoring but based on a review of my co-worker's data with his 235 (I own a 230), the monitoring is less accurate than the Garmin chest strap.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with the garmin vivosmart hr (my sister has one she really likes). She also said the app is fantastic. I'll folow up with results and see how it goes.

Thanks again.
CoolaidWade
AG
aggiebman said:

Thanks for all the replies. I ended up going with the garmin vivosmart hr (my sister has one she really likes). She also said the app is fantastic. I'll folow up with results and see how it goes.

Thanks again.

That's the one I have and love it. The App measures practically everything. My wife has a fitness blaze and her app is so much scaled down then the Garmin Connect app with how much you can customize the settings.

Been wearing it for about 7-8 months and can't live without it now. I use the wrist monitor when I run and a chest strap when I bike just because I would rather attach the watch to my handle bars then wear it when I bike.

I'm pretty late to running/biking in relation to my heart rate zones and now don't think I can do it any other way now.

MooreTrucker
AG
I had the vivosmart, but switched to the Fitbit Surge because it has the GPS and tracks bike miles.
loser97
AG
I have a Fitbit Surge. It has GPS and heart rate monitor and text messages. It serves the purpose now.

I am using it this year, then will re-evalulate Samsung and/or Apple at the end of the year.
zip04
AG
loser97 said:

I have a Fitbit Surge. It has GPS and heart rate monitor and text messages. It serves the purpose now.

I am using it this year, then will re-evalulate Samsung and/or Apple at the end of the year.

I'm selling my Apple Watch because my Garmin 920XT does the same and more/better with the exception that it isn't touch screen. My wife is selling her Apple Watch as well because she loves her Garmin 735XT for the same reasons as I do mine.
Desert Power
AG
I have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR and cannot recommend it enough. I have had the Apple Watch and Fitbit Charge HR and I have to say from a fitness perspective, the Fenix 3 HR is so much better at fitness tracking compared to the Apple or Fitbit watches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.