Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

competitive marathon sign up

533 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Red Krow
Red Krow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So am I the only idiot who wasted an hour of my life this morning trying to save a buck and sign up for the Republic of Texas half marathon? I had the $1 rate two different times, a $25 and a $45 and every time I kept getting an "unknown error" after putting in all my info. I'm sure the site was bogged down with users, but this was a bit frustrating. Oh well, excited about running the half this weekend!
wangus12
AG
Its always the same weekend as Cowtown
montegobay
Same thing happened to me. They said on Facebook to send them a screen shot of what time you were there and they will honor the price. I was able to find mine in my history. Seems like tons of people had an issue. I don't think Active.com was prepared for the number of registrants.
montegobay
It worked. They sent me a code for $1 registration. Kudos to Race Texas for admitting there was a major glitch.
bushytailed
AG
Sam and her crew are good people. They will take care of you if have an issue.

I had a couple friends get in for $1and a couple others for $25, so I know the system was bogged down. RT owed me a free race and they took care of me. I'll see y'all in February!
Red Krow
Well I emailed them about it this morning around 7 am and got a response at about 4. No luck for me, they said sorry but all the lower rates were sold out. Oh well, life goes on. I'll still run it and pay the full price. I was a bit frustrated about the situation this morning. No point in letting something as insignificant as this ruin my chance of getting out in the fresh air and running with a great community of people.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.