Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Poor Circulation to Fingers?

1,105 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
10andBOUNCE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have noticed the last couple weeks as temperatures have started to fall (in Colorado) that my index fingers are going numb - usually notice when driving home from work in a cold car. I've even got a decent pair of gloves on. Never noticed this before - have gone through a few Midwest cold winters and have been a recreationl skier as well. Nothing ever out of the ordinary.

Anyone got any thoughts here? TIA
bigtruckguy3500
Do they change color? Look up Raynauds.
10andBOUNCE
AG
I was reading about that earlier because my fingers were more white than the others. I've heard it's a wry over diagnosed disease though. Definitely possible.
The InTIMidator
AG
I've had it since about age 45 (now 58). Your primary care provider will refer you to a Rheumatologist, which will order specific lab tests to determine if it is Secondary Raynaud's, for which it is a symptom of something you don't want such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or scleroderma. Otherwise it is Primary Raynaud's and isn't the result of an underlying medical condition. Fortunately, mine is primary.
chico
AG
You smoke? Side effect from arteries shrinking
Prexys Moon
AG
my wife has raynauds. volt makes some awesome battery powered gloves for cold weather.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Thanks all. Non smoker.

Definitely seems like R is what I have. I'll have to bring it up next time I go for a physical.

At the table last night my hands were like bright red too. So weird it happened all the sudden.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.