Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

2017 H&F Goals

11,929 Views | 141 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by P.U.T.U
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess its time to start thinking about these.

- Western States 100 is #1. I find out in two weeks that I'm rejected again.

So outside of Western States:

- Run across Big Bend. We are planning a 2 day run across the park. Nothing that would impress most ultra runners, but i'll be fun.
- Trans Zion Run in May. Same group that did R2R2R. Its about 48 miles across the park.
- 3 Days of Syllamo. Wife and I are both doing it. 50K fri, 50 miler saturday, 20K sunday. Its gonna hurt!
- Year 5 of M150 with Karbach
- Putting on another successful year at Saddle Blazer. Added the 100K this year, so its going to be a lot more work!
- Would like to lean out a little more. Lost about 10lbs or so in 2016. Would like to lose another 10.

all of that is in the first half of the year. Not sure what the second half will hold yet.
zip04
AG
Complete a full ironman. - Completed
Considering doing a 50 mile ultra as well. - Moved to 2018
Run a sub 4 hour marathon
Sooner Born
- Stay Heathy
- Boston Qualify
- 2,000 miles run
wangus12
AG
-Fingers crossed get into NYC or MCM
-Please God get over some of these injuries
-Get gf through her 1st 14er and maybe push towards her first half. She is running Bay2Breakers this year.
-Win a 5k
-Lose about 15 lbs
TurboVelo
AG
UCI Masters World Track Championships.
Cancelled
AG
A few sprint triathlons. 2018? A 70.3.
Ragoo
AG
We need to have a couple of race stickies at the top of the board. I'd love to do races around houston but not sure the best ones to do or places to look really.

I want to get into doing sprint tri's.
dave99ag
AG
Space reserved to think about what I can do for 2017.
agman08
Stay Sober is #1
With that being said I am shooting for......
Maintaining weight in the 170s (or less)
Running one organized race every month. Regardless of distance. 10k is my favorite distance by far but 13.1 is fun too. Anything longer I just don't care for. I've done longer but just felt better after a "fast 1/2 or 10k" than I did after running longer and Slower.
I'd like to get back under 20 minutes in the 5k as well.
Living a clean and healthy life is my main goal.
BigTimeAlum
AG
Ok. Going to focus on trail running this year. The goal will be to win the xterra Texas trail series and the Texas trail championship series (trail division).

I will also try a shortish ultra at the Austin Ratttler.

Stretch goal - us nationals in the Aquathlon if I can get back in the pool.
coop-aero-06
AG
  • Boston Qualify - I'm registered for a marathon over Memorial Day weekend for my BQ attempt. If I fall short, then I'll find another marathon in the Fall for another attempt
  • Run the Tahoe Rim Trail - I was just looking at our work calendar for the year, and with July 4th falling on a Tuesday, I'll have a 4-day weekend from July 1 - 4. I'm going to attempt to run the entire Tahoe Rim Trail over that weekend, and will probably do it as a charity fundraiser.
  • Race under 170 lbs
AggieOO
coop-aero-06 said:

Run the Tahoe Rim Trail - I was just looking at our work calendar for the year, and with July 4th falling on a Tuesday, I'll have a 4-day weekend from July 1 - 4. I'm going to attempt to run the entire Tahoe Rim Trail over that weekend, and will probably do it as a charity fundraiser.
coop-aero-06
AG
OO, you should know that if you get into WS, I'm planning to help crew / pace for you. Which means that if you don't get into WS, I'm expecting you to come out here anyways and help with TRT.
agman08
My brother did the Tahoe Rim Trail and loved it. It's gorgeous up there. I prefer to gamble and relax in Tahoe. Lol
Awesome stuff. Post links for your fundraiser when you do it
The Pilot
AG
Sub 2:55 marathon
Sub 3 Boston
Sub 3:30 Pikes Peak Ascent

Run less next year and more swim, bike
Buy a bike
The Pilot
AG
Tahoe run sounds awesome!

A running friend was trying to talk me into the Tahoe 200, but I'm not going over marathon distance for at least 5 years.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Run less next year and more swim, bike

Buy a bike
Count me in on this lol. Gotta take some impact of my knees
Aggietaco
AG
Similar to this years goals:

1. Spectrum Saddle Blazer marathon in February - I've done a lot of running since making this my first marathon this year, but this will be only my second organized marathon. Hope to improve a bit over last years time.
2. CG Games - declined finals in 2016, would like to be competitive in finals in 2017.
3. Rogue Trail Series - great series, plan to run all 3 30k's again in 2017.
4. Spectrum's Davis Mountain run - had a blast in 2016, plan to run it again in 2017 and improve on time.
5. Either pick up biking or swimming, again.
6. Secret stretch goal here.
RedlineAg08
1. Hike a portion of the John Muir Trail
2. Stay fit and healthy
3. Clean 300lbs

wcb
AG
1. Stay healthy
2. PR run at every distance (5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2)
3. Unlikely but I'll put it out there - crack 5:00 on a 70.3
4. Race under 150 lbs
Walter Kovacs
AG
stay healthy & finish building the home gym. that's about it.
AggieOO
coop-aero-06 said:

OO, you should know that if you get into WS, I'm planning to help crew / pace for you. Which means that if you don't get into WS, I'm expecting you to come out here anyways and help with TRT.

Unfortunatley, if i don't get in to WS, it means I have to use that vacation time to travel to a wedding for one of the wife's friends. At least its in Wisconsin in the summer, which is never a bad thing.

I would absolutely love to get up to TRT.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

1. Hike a portion of the John Muir Trail
Do you know what portion. Did the entire thing about 8 years ago in about 2 weeks. An awesome place to hike. Went North to South.
RedlineAg08
Do you have a section that you recommend?

It's hard to get permits, so I planned on applying for several sections starting 6 months out until I get one. I'm open to suggestions..

What I've looked at so far:
Yosemite Valley to Red's Meadow: 65 miles (6-8 days)
South Lake to Road's End: 68 miles (6-8 days)

I haven't done any overnight hikes yet. We're planning on doing Big Bend South Rim a couple days before Christmas... We did Guadalupe Peak up and down in 4 hours easy. 65 miles in 6-8 days seems really easy for the length of time, but I'm not sure what effect elevation will have on me. I can always slow down I guess.
AggieOO
RedlineAg08 said:

I haven't done any overnight hikes yet. We're planning on doing Big Bend South Rim a couple days before Christmas...
I'll be out there solo from 12/17-12/21. Will likely do OML on the front end.
DuckDown2013
AG
show much improvement in 2017 Crossfit open compared to last years standings among the rest of the world.

Stay healthy and maintain body weight and increase aerobic capacity and engine. Will likely gain some weight due to added muscle but I'm at a healthy ~175 @ 6'2" so I hope to keep it at 185 and lower.

Work on endurance for hard surface running and potentially do the half marathon in November in the outer banks. My surgically repaired knee takes a beating from long distance running. Also need to fight off plantar fascia.
P.U.T.U
AG
To make sure I stay skinny enough that I can still see my wee wee without sucking in
NoHo Hank
AG
Ouray Ice Festival in January
Mont Blanc & Matterhorn sometime in the summer
Yosemite sometime approaching the fall
Rock Climbing in the four corners area

Bench 3x10 225 because that's totally useful weight

Run a marathon. Loljk, the reason mountain climbing is great is that you never have to move faster than walking... Unless there is an avalanche, but then it's only like 100 yards or something.
wcb
AG
P.U.T.U said:

To make sure I stay skinny enough that I can still see my wee wee without sucking in
My buddy's dad called that the 'dickie do' disease. As in 'where your belly sticks out farther than your dickie do'.
AggieOO
john32f said:

Run a marathon. Loljk, the reason mountain climbing is great is that you never have to move faster than walking... Unless there is an avalanche, but then it's only like 100 yards or something.

You attempted Denali, right? Link to the recap? Or did you write one?
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Had a buddy climbing in Ouray last year that went to Rainier with me earlier this year.

Also have some friends that want to do the Tour de Mont Blanc for our 30th birthdays. Slowing planting the idea of climbing it while there. You going with a team or friends?
wangus12
AG
Yosemite Valley to Red's Meadow is great, especially if you've never been to Yosemite because you get Half-dome and Cloud's Rest in. Downside is it is the most crowded part of the JMT usually, but I'd definitely recommend it.
AMB99
AG
Squat - 450;
Deadlift - 500;
OHP - 195;
Bench - 285;

Train injury free
Keep weight around 230
NoHo Hank
AG
AggieOO said:

john32f said:

You attempted Denali, right? Link to the recap? Or did you write one?

Not yet, I prolly ought to though.
AggieOO
guess i'm confusing you with someone else. there was someone on here that posted that they were attempting denali this year, but i seem to remember they didn't summit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.