Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Best Protein Powder

3,708 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Walter Kovacs
JOEYGYM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What is the best protein powder you have taken?
zip04
AG
http://inteknutrition.com/PRODUCTS/PROTEIN%20EVOLUTION/protein.html

Can't recommend it enough. Chocolate Mint and Orange Creamsicle are absolutely amazing. It is great protein with only 1g of sugar.
RedlineAg08
Progenix More Muscle
Progenix Cacoon
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
I've been using the myprotein impact whey isolate (salted caramel) and it's really good.
Hoosegow
Optimum Nutrition - hands down the safest (according to consumer reports), lowest in carbs, lowest in fat and decent tasting of ALL protein powders. Their whey and casein are both good.

For non-dairy based, I've been experimenting lately. Carnivore, through doesn't give me the whey bloat, is aweful.

But going back to ON, I challenge anyone to find a reputable protein that has been tested that has the same or better cost per gram that tastes as good without the added sugars or fat.
JOEYGYM
Love Gold Standard Whey. Close one to it is Animal Whey by Universal Nutrition. Currently Im taking Precision Protein. http://www.samedaysupplements.com/precision-protein-by-gaspari-nutrition.html

I only picked it since I got a deal on it. But it is Hydrolyze whey with Digestive Enzymes so I though I would give it a shot. So far its great.
blackgoldag11
AG
I like EVL stacked protein. Mixes well and taste good
aznaggiegirl07
AG
consumerlabs.com
pikedawg
RightWingConspirator
AG
Does anybody have any concerns on what protein powder does to you liver / kidneys? I read an article this morning saying that protein powders are really hard on the liver / kidneys. I was hoping to see a counter argument as I like drinking protein shakes after a work out. I typically drink the isopure products.
bigtruckguy3500
What does the article say exactly? I can understand the argument against eating extreme excess protein, as excess protein is metabolised and excreted urea which is a non-toxic way for the body to handle ammonia from protein metabolism. However I don't know how protein from protein shakes is any different than protein from meat or milk. Unless there are additives in the protein that the article was referencing.
Max Power
AG
I've been going with the vegan stuff I can get at Costco for a while and it's decent, my system does not do well with whey protein. I used the egg protein from ON but all the egg protein out there these days is expensive from what I've found anyway. Some of the vegan ones I've used have rough texture but luckily what I get at Costco these days mixes really well.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
I rotate between Optimum, Muscle tech Phase 8, and the stacked proteins.

www.bodybuilding.com has great selections and deals.
ttuhscaggie
AG
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Josepi
AG
Anybody have a suggestion on one that is truly tasteless? So far, I really can't stand the taste of any I have tried.
P.U.T.U
AG
Most brands have unflavored protein and I have seen some large bulk bags.
Josepi
AG
I have tried Genepro and Unjury unflavored protein powder, and IMO, both are far from unflavored.
P.U.T.U
AG
Kelly White said:

I also prefer EVL stacked protein. I attend gym 3 times per week and eat healthy food. For breakfast I have only low calorie foods and buy steroids online to increase strength and to build up muscle mass. I want to participate in the local fitness contest soon.

Umm how about we get rid of this garbage?
Walter Kovacs
AG
My go to is still Optimum Nutrition but R1 Chocolate Peanut Butter is pretty good too
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.