Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Brag on yourself

5,679 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieOO
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chico said:

Can I brag on something from 2014? Apologies as OP mentioned this year only.
I rode a bike across Rwanda! Three of us from Houston hooked up with 2 in Rwanda, rode from the lovely shores of Lake Kivu at the DR Congo border, over the lush volcanic hills and down into Kigali, then across the plains to Rusumo Falls on the Kagera River with Tanzania. Stayed in local lodges along the way. We raised >$30,000 for survivors of the genocide from 20 years ago and >$5000 for a local boys' orphanage. Truly a life changing & enhancing adventure! Just a fantastic trip and I highly encourage others who are on the fence about doing something similar.
nice! how long were you guys in the saddle?

I did TX to AK in 70 days in '04 to raise money for American Cancer Society. You are correct, it is life-changing.
chico
AG
AggieOO said:

nice! how long were you guys in the saddle?
4 days....it's a small country! But nowhere is it flat. They call their country "Land of 1000 Hills" and for good reason. We also went west-to-east for good reason (lower elevation as you move eastward!)
Props to you for the TX-AK trip.
AggieChemE09
AG
3x5 @ 275 on Bench. Might finally get my goal of a 3 plate 1RM this year!
Farmer1906
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

Sounds like you should already be there.
AggieChemE09
AG
aggie1906 said:

AggieChemE09 said:

Sounds like you should already be there.
I think I am, but like, I actually have to do it now!
EllisCoAg
AG
in the spring, set PRs in the 5K and 10K and another PR this past weekend in the Half, plus being pretty much injury free (knock on wood)
Hoosegow
AggieChemE09 said:

And then there is four, then 5, then 6.
RO519
AG
Did my first sprint Tri in October (Fairfield Triathlon.) I was the fastest swim in my age group, 4th fastest bike, but 12th slowest run (I am not a good runner.) I was proud of the swim and bike though!
tarletontexan
S
I'd lost a lot of weight and was down to a small/flabby 185. Refocused and am back to a solid 210.
Found out I'm going to be a dad (again. no bonus points if you've already got one)
Got a raise.
Took over a department and flipped it from cratering to as profitable as its been in years.
bmks270
AG
2016 I hit the gym a lot more consistently than past years and logged every work out. I got stronger everywhere. Gained about 5 lbs.

Front squat (3 sets of):
150x5 --> 200x5

Dumbbell bench press (2 sets of):
50x10 --> 90x10

JamesBREI06
AG
down from 205 to 167... ultimately looking to get back into the 150s to see those abs
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Ironman's #2 & 3 this year, Lake Placid and Arizona. IMAZ was a 90-minute Ironman PR of 10:50, including a PR on all 5 splits.
AggieChemE09
AG
AggieChemE09 said:

I got it!
Farmer1906
AG
For maxing your spotter was not ready at all.

Regardless, great job.
NoHo Hank
AG
Well, my main H&F goal was to summit denali. That didn't happen unfortunately - weather prevented it. We got some badass pictures though, like this one.

This year, I climbed Washington, two highway-esque 14ers in Colorado, and made it to 17k' on Denali. Also got a chance to troop around Zion again, which remains one of my favorite places I've ever been.

But what I'm most proud of, since getting of Denali on May 27th or so, I've put on about 25-30 lbs of bad weight. Mostly beer derived fat. How bout those swings, eh? I'll take about what I'm gonna do about that crap on the 2017 thread, but in the interim, here are a few more cool pics.

Room with a view

Mt. Foraker

Above the clouds
Aggie Oilman
Got my arms up to 18 inches naturally
wangus12
AG
Love that Edge of the World picture.
SecoKid
AG
Dropped my BF from 22% to 13.5% and added muscle over the last 3 months. Shaved 5 minutes off my half marathon time to get under 1:40. My life is pretty much in turmoil right now but the one thing i can control is my body.
Quinn
AG
- Became a father in September
- Had a great first half of the year working out - dropped about 10 pounds
- Got back into a good routine over the last 6 weeks
monarch
S
Had prostate cancer surgery in Oct 2015; found out a few weeks ago I'm clear and I have had the same PSA reading twice in a row @ .01.
Farmer1906
AG
Well that is ****ing awesome!
AggieOO
monarch said:

Had prostate cancer surgery in Oct 2015; found out a few weeks ago I'm clear and I have had the same PSA reading twice in a row @ .01.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.