Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Brag on yourself

5,682 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieOO
wcb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Things have been a little slow around here lately. We're getting close to year end. What's the #1 accomplishment you're proud of for 2016?

And...go.
AggieOO
R2R2R
highvelocity
AG
315 on bench
aggiespartan
AG
10 weighted dips with 20lbs
AggieLAX
AG
Running the Up & Over in Taos and the La Luz in Albuquerque on back-to-back days. Also, the Spartan Beast. I'm turning into an enduroweenie.
agman08
Over 60 days alcohol and drug free now.
Have lost 40 pounds over the year and I'm running a 1/2 marathon December 10 in Needville at Brazos Bend State Park (nice and flat trail run)

Have grown emotionally and spiritually a ton and my home life with my wife and beautiful daughters is better than ever. So excited for my first SOBER holiday in nearly 20 years!
jamotoe1
I went from being a couch potato in June to hiking the Grand Canyon (rim to river to rim) in July, running my first half in September and completing the Spartan Beast in October.

I'm addicted now and am trying to figure out my next fitness challenge. Maybe hiking the Inca trail or another race.
The Pilot
AG
Should be over 3000 total miles ran. Should be close to 3200.
dave99ag
AG
Became a dad.
wangus12
AG
I'll be honest. Having been injured most of the year, all my times are down and I failed on a mountain climb for the first time in a long time. Hopefully 2016 ends with a decent in the Dallas Half and 2017 starts of with a good Houston Marathon.
htxag09
AG
I've dropped about 45 pounds and ran my first half marathon.
Aggietaco
AG
First marathon and first ultra in 2016.
DavidAg02
After over a year of 2 to 3 training sessions per week, I'll be getting my BJJ blue belt on Saturday... assuming all goes well. First thing in my life I can honestly say I've earned through blood, sweat and tears.
coop-aero-06
AG
Finally putting together a full year of consistent running mileage. I'll probably hit 2,500 miles this year. This is what allowed me to reach a lot of other personal goals (weight loss, race PR's, etc.)
chico
AG
recently completed my annual urban century bike ride. I ride solo the streets of Houston (mostly east-side) until 100+ miles. It's great fun every year!
Jim01
AG
Doing my second full Ironman and cutting about 45 minutes off my previous time.
RockOn
Ran the antelope canyon 55k this year. But equally important I'm eating really healthy and my overall fitness is very good.
wessimo
AG
Shed 20 lbs since Jan 1, surpassed my goal of running 1,000mi this year (on track for 1,200mi), PR'd half marathon & 5k distances.
zip04
AG
My wife and I did our first triathlon
Our kids did their first kids triathlon
Did my first Century Ride
Deputy Travis Junior
AggieOO said:

R2R2R
I did rim to river to rim (with some extra hiking at the bottom) and it about killed me. I can't imagine doubling that. Mad respect
wcb
AG
Ironman run PR (primary goal for the year). Looks like for the first time I'll end the year with AWA status.
mrsbeer05
AG
Gave birth to this smiley chunky ray of future Aggie sunshine [img]<a href=[/img]" />and started training for a half-marathon
bhah
Ran 3 days in a row at some point this year...followed that up by eating Cocoa Puffs for breakfast, lunch and dinner in one day. 2016 has been a little difficult with having a new born, changing careers and remodeling the house.

My boys first birthday is Saturday, so I told myself after a full year off, it's time to get back to it. I've already cut out alcohol for over a month, so that's a start. Plan for a couple HIM in 2017 and an IM in 2018.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Lost close to 40 lbs since August. I'm an LOLfat so I've got a ways to go but I'm proud of the weight so far.
tamuags08
AG
Running my first half in 2 days after 4 months of consistent running. I'm ready!
07fta07
AG
Down 20# since January 1. Went from not running at all for almost 20 years to running consistently all year. Used to hate it and now I'm kinda enjoying it.
Hoosegow
Lost 60 pounds.
Bombed at the World Championships powerlifting

Morale - lose weight - get weak. Get fat - get strong. Be mature enough to know what is important.
RedlineAg08
Put on 5lbs and cleaned 275lbs.

Learned more about how to be healthy and how to properly fuel and refuel my body in order for it to perform for me. Still a long way to go, but I'm enjoying it.
rhtexfish
AG
Finished my first half marathon this AM and beat original goal by 4 min+
Farmer1906
AG
This is the strongest I've ever been. I was able to rep 400x3 on squats and 285 3x3 on bench.
frorge
AG
Just finished Worlds Toughest Mudder 2016!
24 hours 6 minutes.
8900'+ elevation
200 obstacles
55 miles

tamuags08
AG
(Replying to my own post)

1st half in the books, 1:51:30.
JOEYGYM
500 squat max then 315 for 15 reps after. I did the same thing for deadlifts a week after.
easttexasaggie04
AG
- In 2 weeks my wife will have our second baby girl (super pumped)
- In 2016 I got a little burned out running so I started lifting weights, I'm finally seeing progress
- I got elected City Commissioner here in Marshall, TX
- Enjoying running for fun without training for anything or giving two ***** about my pace
chico
AG
Can I brag on something from 2014? Apologies as OP mentioned this year only.
I rode a bike across Rwanda! Three of us from Houston hooked up with 2 in Rwanda, rode from the lovely shores of Lake Kivu at the DR Congo border, over the lush volcanic hills and down into Kigali, then across the plains to Rusumo Falls on the Kagera River with Tanzania. Stayed in local lodges along the way. We raised >$30,000 for survivors of the genocide from 20 years ago and >$5000 for a local boys' orphanage. Truly a life changing & enhancing adventure! Just a fantastic trip and I highly encourage others who are on the fence about doing something similar.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.