Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Awesome Trail Run in December - Needville, TX

1,663 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agman08
agman08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.trailracingovertexas.com/brazos-bend-100/

Has anyone run the Brazos Bend 100, 50, 26.2 or 13.1?
It is a flat and fast course through some swampy areas
and from folks I know that have been down there you will definitely
come in close contact with some gators!

I'm going to run the 13.1 and my brother is running the 50 miler
December 10, 2016
If anyone is looking for a run in December I recommend this one.
Would be awesome to have a bunch of Ags running the week after
we win the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP!

AggieOO
no thanks. I won't run any TROT races for personal reasons, but that's a whole other discussion that doesn't need happen here.

but as for the course itself...seems like it would be BEYOND boring. Might as well run a road race.
ommama
agman08
Awesome! I'll be there!!!!
I'll have some time after my race before my brother finishes so I look forward to hanging out and if anyone needs another volunteer I'd love to
AggieOO
ommama said:

I have ran a couple 50 milers and DNF'd a 100 miler there. AggieOO... to say you might as well run a road race is far from accurate. No, it is not technical like Bandera, Reveille, Franklin Mountains, Pace Bend, etc. but it is still (mostly) trail. There is a small portion of sidewalk that some race distances will go on. Beyond that, it is varied types of trail. If you are looking for a technical challenge, however.. Brazos Bend is not it. And TROT does not advertise it as such.

It is a great place to run. I see someone has an issue with TROT but in my experience.... amazing people, the BEST volunteers and quite simply a wonderful community of trail runners. And Agman08, I am volunteering a double shift at the Windmill aid station that day. Hope to see you out there! Have fun!!!

10 ft of elevation is probably the most boring part. To me, that race might as well be a road race. I realize it's not advertised as technical.

I have no doubt the volunteers and such are great. If you enjoy their races, more power to you.
agman08
Lots of Ags out there today.
Saw a woman break the American 50 mile record.
Caroline Boller
5:48:01
Holy Smokes
tmtxco
AG
My son and I ran the Brazos Bend 100's half marathon so that he could to have fun and get in an extra long run before the Bandera 25K next month. He finished on the edge of the top 1/3 in 2:18, which is pretty good for his age.

It was a fun race with lots to do, well-stocked aid stations (I miss Tailwind, though), and cool Christmas-themed T-shirts. We'll be back next year if it fits in our schedule.
agman08
I think I ran with y'all a little bit.
Were you in an Aggie hat and your son is blonde?
I was in the black A&M dri-fit with American flag shorts.

Great race. Lots of fun.
Real fun for me because a couple months before that race i was detoxing in rehab!!!
tmtxco
AG
agman08 said:

I think I ran with y'all a little bit.
Were you in an Aggie hat and your son is blonde?
I was in the black A&M dri-fit with American flag shorts.

Great race. Lots of fun.
Real fun for me because a couple months before that race i was detoxing in rehab!!!
I was wearing a maroon A&M hat and my son has blonde hair. He's 8, so he usually sticks out in trail races. I remember visiting with you and a few other Aggies... a whole lot more than when we run in Colorado

Wow, congrats on coming out of rehab and running Brazos Bend. Talk about an 180-degree turnaround. That's definitely something to be proud of. I hope to see you there next year.
agman08
Your son did awesome! So cool that y'all did it together. I can't wait to run with my girls and they can see their Daddy doing something positive and fun.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.