Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Marine Corps Marathon

6,789 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Goldie Wilson
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Less than a week away. Still trying to figure out transportation to the race that morning. Probably gonna try to schedule and Uber/taxi for that morning. Otherwise our hotel is about a mile from the metro + walking from metro to the start line.
The Pilot
AG
Quote:

It is recommended that runners arrive two hours prior to start time to proceed through the security checkpoint, drop off bags and line up in the appropriate corral.
2 hours?!?!

wangus12
AG
See that is ridiculous to me. The metro trains don't even start running until 6. And does my gf have to go through security too because she is the on with the backpack full of clothes/food/water for post race
bushytailed
AG
I think I'm walking to the start and hope to be in the security line by 6. I need to make it to the Wear Blue remembrance circle at 7:15.
kbw01
AG
Enjoy the race. I hope the weather is better than during the Army Ten Miler
Kyle
The Pilot
AG
Weather is trending better. Low of 53 now.
coop-aero-06
AG
The Pilot said:

Good luck this weekend. You're going to crush it. When you see the hill at the end, just put your head down and sprint up that thing.
wbt5845
AG
coop-aero-06 said:

The Pilot said:

Good luck this weekend. You're going to crush it. When you see the hill at the end, just put your head down and sprint up that thing.
My brother was a USMC Major when he ran this race. He said when he got to the hill at the end, the enlisted men in his outfit were waiting for him to cheer him up the hill. No choice in letting up at that point.
wangus12
AG
I hust got here and walked from the Metro to my hotel and it is pretty warm in the sun
The Pilot
AG
It's noon right now, better be done by noon on Sunday.

Presley OBannons Sword
have a good race guys. such a good event. semper fi.
bushytailed
AG
Third marathon, but first MCM. I'll be the chick in a ponytail wearing a Wear Blue Fallen Aggie shirt and maroon A&M visor. Make sure to hydrate! Have a great race everyone!
lima bean
AG
Congrats to Pilot ... saw he's finished with a sub-3!

And congrats to all others that ran. Hope you enjoyed the course, and are now enjoying DC!
The Pilot
AG
Great race! The weather got a bit warm towards the end. Ran a bit with Michael wardian. I didn't have the speed work that I normally do for this race but Glad to get another sub 3 and solid bq.
coop-aero-06
AG
Congrats on the great race! I would have totally fan-boy'd on Michael Wardian.
wangus12
AG
I saw Wardian coming in from the mile 7/8 out-n-back as I was headed out. That's pretty sweet that you got to run with him. I hung out with some army guys carrying full rucks for the first 5k. Dropped into a solid rhythm and that TX summer training helped out when it got warm. Saw several people on the bridge and in Crystal City just sitting and seemed done. At least 2 people being stretchered off the course.

Really just ran to enjoy the course. Came it right over 4 hours.

Would love to do it again.

We went to the Mall directly after and did a couple museums so by the time we eventually got back to the hotel, my legs were toast
kbw01
AG
bushytailed said:

Third marathon, but first MCM. I'll be the chick in a ponytail wearing a Wear Blue Fallen Aggie shirt and maroon A&M visor. Make sure to hydrate! Have a great race everyone!
That shirt was my project last year, still plenty of them for sale. Did you make the circle? I hope you did well and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Kyle
kbw01
AG
Registered for this year's MCM
bushytailed
AG
MCM is offering Rush Registration for this year. Starting at 9am EDT on Wednesday, March 21, there will be up to 11,000 entries up for grabs. It will end at 9:25 EDT or when the 11,000 entries are hit, whichever comes first. The lottery will open at noon EDT that same day.

http://www.marinemarathon.com/blog/how-quickly-will-11-000-mcm-entries-fill
Goldie Wilson
Signed up yesterday during the Rush Registration.
kbw01
AG
I hope to see you there
Kyle
O.G.
bushytailed said:

MCM is offering Rush Registration for this year. Starting at 9am EDT on Wednesday, March 21, there will be up to 11,000 entries up for grabs. It will end at 9:25 EDT or when the 11,000 entries are hit, whichever comes first. The lottery will open at noon EDT that same day.

http://www.marinemarathon.com/blog/how-quickly-will-11-000-mcm-entries-fill
Got in on the rush. 3rd MCM.
kbw01
AG
wear blue entry

If you didn't get in via rush or lottery. You can enter the wear blue lottery. Be sure to buy the Aggie shirt and support the organization.
Kyle
Goldie Wilson
Good luck to anybody else running MCM tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.