Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Im Starting Insanity Tonight

22,924 Views | 418 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tmas
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Day 2 completed last night... starting to feel the ol' familiar week one muscle pain!
bbattbq01
AG
Did the recovery last night around 11 and hit pure cardio this morning at 5 so I don't have to do it tonight. 1 more workout to make it through week 1... pulled something in my leg during the recovery earlier in the month when I tried starting over last time, so making it past that was good!
Aggiejue
AG
Wrapping up week 2 of month 2 and the results are insane! I'm glad I decided to count calories and be selective on my consumption, other than this past weekend in College Station. Again, thank you guys for inspiring me to get up and move. It hurts like hell but it feels awesome! Hopefully, I can finish these next two weeks off strong.
Tressels Vest
AG
I am getting tired of the owl-hooting Asian chick. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

In other news, I am about to finish Week 4!!! I am convinced that Insanity is the best 5K training as well. Ran 3 miles in 24:55 last night, not bad for a fat ass that weighs 217! Best time ever for 3 miles, and it's not even close.
bbattbq01
AG
Congrats guys!

I finished week one this morning, eight more to go.

This time around I'm really focusing on my shoulders and I am feeling it!
GIGEMeh
Agree 100% about the benefits for running. First run back after doing Insanity I killed it and thought my GPS was lying to me.
Tressels Vest
AG
Correction: fat ass now weighs 213 (that was last week's weight, enhanced by a little pizza)!

Recovery week coming up...then month 2! Time for a nice steak to celebrate.
Tressels Vest
AG
Recovery week will not be too bad! Made it through the first workout of it today and since I needed to relieve some more stress from work, I ran another 3 miles. This time in 24:46. Still improving and feeling better and better. I now WANT to workout, a huge leap from where I never wanted to. A little soreness in my knees from all the jumps and squats but I have been digging deeper.
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
Recovery week will not be too bad! Made it through the first workout of it today and since I needed to relieve some more stress from work, I ran another 3 miles. This time in 24:46. Still improving and feeling better and better. I now WANT to workout, a huge leap from where I never wanted to. A little soreness in my knees from all the jumps and squats but I have been digging deeper.

You'll be sick of hip burners by the end of the week
Tressels Vest
AG
I can't figure out which are worse, hip or shoulder burners. Both aren't too enjoyable.
Candiru
AG
Going into flat back right now.
Tressels Vest
AG
Now pivot and take it into the hip flexor stretch. Really open up the hip and groin area. Now lift your arms up and really sink into the hip flexor stretch.
bbattbq01
AG
Is the check in the ball cap doing every exercise wrong on the recovery week disk driving you crazy yet?

Halfway through Round 2 Week 2 here... Kicking my butt again, though I don't think as bad as the first time through!
culdeus
AG
Just wait till max. I'm not sure half the people know what the hell they are doing, or else are not near fit enough to pull it off.

You will see people bailing out on the warmup in max.
bbattbq01
AG
I know I wasn't fit enough to pull off half of it the first time through, haha... hopefully I do a little better this time.
Tressels Vest
AG
Just ran a 5k in 24:04, smashing any of my previous paces. I am amazed at the progress I have made after 6 weeks of Insanity (restarted one week (week 2) due to sickness and a nasty blister). Month 2 starts Monday.
bbattbq01
AG
Congrats!
Tressels Vest
AG
Today began month 2. Did great on the fitness test! From the first fitness test, I have improved on switch kicks by 19 rotations (2 kicks per rotation), power jacks by 16, power knees by 25, power jumps by 16, globe jumps by 2 rotations, suicide jacks by 6, pushup jacks by 7 and low plank oblique by 16. I have lost 3 inches on my waist, stomach and chest (losing fat) and gained an inch on my arms, thighs and half an inch on my calves (gained muscle). I am down around 10 pounds since beginning. I am very excited about these results and I thank you guys for the encouragement (yes, I read the whole thread and was motivated by all the results on here). Let's hope I can continue, foot was really hurting after today's workout.
culdeus
AG
My foot bothered me after the rest week too. I think those spinny around jump things are hard on feet imo. It's always better to take off and land from the toes. Spinning like that makes it impossible to land anyway but flat footed. It went away fairly soon, but I was icing it down 2x a day towards the end of rest week and towards the start of max.

That move and most of the rest week stuff aren't as big a factor in the max stuff. You could always modify it just doing something else along those lines.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Has anyone tried the 25 minute Insanity video set (can't remember its exact name? A few people have told me they heard you are supposed to get close to the same results with it.

It seems hard to believe, but if that is true, I may look into getting it after I am done with month 2. It would be nice having a workout that only took 25 minutes. I like the Insanity workouts and the time does go by fast in them. But in month 2, I basically have to set aside 2 hours to do them (5-10 minutes getting dressed/going to where I workout, 1 hour workout, 10-15 minute cool down, go back to apartment, shower). It makes it hard to do in the mornings before work, so I always workout at night. But the 25 minute workout would be manageable in the morning.
culdeus
AG
T25 - If you can handle the first month of insanity start the T25 program at the beta level. The alpha level is really easy. (There are actually 3 phases).

In the third phase there are lots of custom calendars out there that work in other beachbody programs like p90x or asylum or insanity depending on your available time.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Thanks for the info.
Tressels Vest
AG
Just wanted to remind you all to check your heart rates.

Gained a little weight, which I was somewhat frustrated with. However, then I started looking in the mirror and realized my weak ass triceps have basically doubled in size and there was a lot of definition in my arms appearing. Guess all those pushups are working.
bbattbq01
AG
Gearing up to start week 4 here in a few... Brutal starting a week with pure cardio+cardio abs!

I haven't really lost any weight so far this time around. Mix of not being as strict with my eating and I think I've seen some good muscle gain.
Aggiejue
AG
Completed my 1st round of Insanity on Monday and the results were shocking. I am down ~25 pounds and the definition in my shoulders, chest, arms, legs and thighs are very noticeable. My jacket size was reduced from 48R to between 44R to 46R. Also, my pants sized decreased from 38 to 36. I plan to start round 2 on Tuesday, of course skipping the fit test.
bbattbq01
AG
Congrats! Hardcore going right back in !
bbattbq01
AG
Recovery at 11 last night after going to the fair and eating a bunch of crap followed by pure cardio and cardio abs this morning at 5 was kinda cruel to do to myself.
bbattbq01
AG
Recovery week complete.

Into month 2 Monday!
NoHo Hank
AG
Dabbled with P90X for a few months, but didn't like it as much as insanity. I like the weight training workouts, but feel like I could get more out of a weight room. So....

Started back up again with month 1. Cardio is definitely worse than it was a few months ago but I'm through day 1. Bring it on!
Tressels Vest
AG
Damn I hate the recovery workouts. I thought cardio recovery was bad, max recovery sucks. Big time.
culdeus
AG
Tried T25 Max Circuit Gamma last night for the hell of it. Holy **** that doesn't mess around.
bbattbq01
AG
Well, I fell off the wagon

Had been doing pretty well at least keeping weight off through the holidays and up to about 3 months ago and I've managed to gain 15 lbs. decided to get a round of insanity in before my next kiddo is born in August.

Fit test and first cardio circuit complete.

Feeling the muscle pain already!
NoHo Hank
AG
I figured I'd resurrect this thread. Any of you guys ever still go through the workout? It's been years for me. As much as the workout sucks, I'll always have a special place in my heart for it.

I started Insanity in the middle of May 2013 needing a dramatic transformation. It was in between years of my MBA program. I hadn't been in great shape in a while (if ever) but I'd always been solid. Then grad school started up and the stress of school, the 7am to 9pm days, and the terrible eating wrecked my body. I was fat, lethargic, and generally disgusted with myself. Enter Shaun T. He and his merry band of cyborgs kicked my ass for ~70 days (I think I took a few days off here and there) and I came out of the program down 30 lbs - from 225 to 195. A week or so later, I took a trip to Zion national park and did a ton of hiking and by the end of the process I was down to 185. My waist went from a size 40 to a size 35. I wanted a transformation and I got one. But would it last?

Since powering through insanity, I've completed a day hike in Havasu Falls where some buddies and I hiked up and down ~8,000' of elevation and ~30 miles, I've climbed Rainier, taken a stab at Shasta and been blown of the mountain by 100mph winds, climbed Mt. Washington in the dead of the winter and -20* temperatures, been up Mt. Elbert, all over Rocky Mountain National Park, in and around Bryce Canyon, rock climbed in California, Red and New River Gorges, and been beaten down at 17k' on Denali by temperatures around -80*F. Maybe I would have lost the weight elsewhere, but since being a kid, I've always wanted to do outdoor adventures like the above, and in the spring of 2013, I'd get winded walking up the stairs in my internship office building. It felt out of reach. Insanity was the kick in the ass boot camp I needed to get to a point where the rest seemed possible.

So I'm going through the workout again and now on day 10. It makes me laugh. It's just as miserable as it was 4 years ago. My test results are much better, though lately I've been slacking on my fitness a touch (hence restarting insanity) so they aren't too much better. Here is week 1:

Day 1 Fit Test
Switch Kicks 125
Power Jacks 62
Power Knees 90
Power Jumps 42
Globe Jumps 9
Suicide Jumps 15
Push-up Jacks 41
Low Plank Oblique 40

Today is Pure Cardio - the last before I start adding the abs into the mix. If anyone is going through it, feel free to post along for encouragement.
zip04
AG
My wife completed insanity twice, did 21 day fix, and one other program from Beach Body before becoming a coach. You should give Shift Shop a try. Week 3 will wear you out.

Beach Body on Demand gives you access to all of their programs.
tmas
AG
I've got T25 (Alpha, Beta and Gamma), 21 Day Fix Extreme and Jillian video that I rotate through weekly.

Worked out Monday-Friday for the last 3 years. Lost ~15 lbs. 170 to 155. And inch or 2 off the waist. 32/33 to 30/31.

My requirement is 30 minutes that I can knock out at 5:45AM.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.