Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Im Starting Insanity Tonight

22,860 Views | 418 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by tmas
bbattbq01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
God help me... I've been addicted to the infomercial for quite a long time but finally broke down and bought it.

This will be one of my outlets to try to keep myself honest and on the program.

I'll update later tonight!
512Ag
AG
I'm on week 3 now. Enjoy being sore for a while.
bbattbq01
AG
Fit test successfully made me realize how out of shape I am. First real workout tomorrow is going to kill the wife and I.

If I don't check in I'm dead.
SlimM
AG
Dig deeper.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
admire shaun T's whatever he decides to show off...usually his abs
AboveAndBeyond
Shaun T
thirty-two
AG
Shaun T and Tanya will kick your ass and eat your babies.
bbattbq01
AG
Good lord. I was dead by the time the third circuit rolled around. Did what I could... Heart is running running running...
watty
AG
quote:
Shaun T

Why?
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
quote:
Shaun T

Why?

He's the devil.
vansprinkle
AG
Not that you need extra motivation, or that this would help anyway, but when I did P90X, I had several friends attempt it and quit after a month or so. I wanted to be the first person out of my friends to actually complete the 90 day course.

On days where I really didn't want to get up at 5 and listen to Tony Horton, I just had to remind myself that I wasn't going to fail like everyone else, and that I had to do the workouts every day to succeed.
AggieBob08
AG
Keep it up! We are starting on month 2 next week.
bbattbq01
AG
Good luck, Bob... everything I've read says month 2 is a beast compared to month one, which after the first workout blows my mind.

Looking forward to getting through the next few days so I've at least experienced all the Month 1 workouts and know what to expect.

One of the biggest things so far has been trying to make sure I get the exercises right. Haven't done most of these before so I really need to focus to make sure I watch and am doing the correct movements.

Legs are dying today! Looking forward to tonights pain (though I'm not sure my wife is)!
RoseRichAg01
Tanya.

Did after our second kid was born to get back in shape. It's a good program, in my experience.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
I am a HUGEEEEEEE fan of Asylum....if you finish Insanity and want some more stuf to do, do Asylum....it's awesome!
SlimM
AG
What are the differences between Asylum and Insanity?
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
All the hate for Tanya, but that long legged Ariel bizitch makes me question my manhood. F that ho.
bbattbq01
AG
Made it through last night... So looking forward to Sunday lol
RoseRichAg01
Tanya is annoying because she smiles the whole time like she's just have a jolly time. Teacher's pet kinda thing, I guess.
bbattbq01
AG
Cardio recovery was actually pretty relaxing... Back to it tomorrow!!!
bbattbq01
AG
They should have named pure cardio pure hell.
Dro07
AG
quote:
Ariel

Its hard doing insanity with a chub!!

Oh and eff tanya!!
bbattbq01
AG
Week One Complete!!!
bbattbq01
AG
Feeling great after rest day.

I really need to get some new shoes for this!

On to week 2...
jr15aggie
AG
Nice job! I thought about insanity, but after P90X I have little motivation to do a different workout DVD. I have everything I need going forward with the P90X workouts incorporated into my other workouts (running, cross training, etc.).

Joan Wilder
AG
I've never gotten through the interval DVD without saying, out loud, "F&$% you, Angelique".
PrincessButtercup
AG
I hate Tanya. Hatehatehate. But it makes me want to beat her. So, I love her for that.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Asylum I feel is a step above and focuses more on strength, while insanity is more cardio
bbattbq01
AG
quote:
Nice job! I thought about insanity, but after P90X I have little motivation to do a different workout DVD. I have everything I need going forward with the P90X workouts incorporated into my other workouts (running, cross training, etc.).

Biggest annoyance of the dvds so far is the constant commercials for the other Beachbody PRoducts (P90X, recovery formula, Hip Hop Abs, etc etc etc etc). No I don't want to visit your website, stop asking me before every workout!

I know they are running a business, but geez... I already paid you 150 bucks, leave me alone!
bbattbq01
AG
Week 2 day 1 complete.... Not looking forward to Saturday having pure cardio + cardio abs... I guess I shouldn't be looking ahead, take it one day at a time!
Dro07
AG
ya dude get through tmr before you look ahead that far
Candiru
AG
What, IYO, should your baseline level of fitness be for Insanity?
10andBOUNCE
AG
You can press the next frame button and skip commercials right to the workout.

For baseline fitness, I don't think you really need to be at a level. If you're just now getting off the couch and right into it you may want to spend a couple weeks walking, stretching, etc so you're not beyond miserable. I'd also make sure your knees are in good shape.
AboveAndBeyond
And update your will

**** Cardio! Haha!!
bbattbq01
AG
I don't think I qualify for a baseline fitness level, haha.

I did about a week of elliptical for 30 mins then a week for 45 mins to get used to having my heart rate high for 30-45 mins before starting it.

Each of the circuits I'm pretty gassed by the 3rd rep and am sucking wind for most of it, but like they say in the video rest when you need to. Have started repeating the discs now and can already see improvements in amount I've been able to do in one week. Fit test next week will be interesting to see progress from 2 weeks of the program.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.