Any suggestions on how to removed the barcode tag on new tires?

3,538 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by LeftyAg89
LeftyAg89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought a set of new Michelin's for my Expy and had them installed black side out, however their are bar code "stickers" on each tire. I've tried needlenose pliers to grip it and rip it but those barcodes are stuck on there with Superman glue! arggh!!! I think these barcodes are metal tags.
TexasRebel
AG
hit a curb.

Seriously though. Drive on them for a little bit, the expansion & contraction cycles mixed with the heat and moisture in the weather will take those puppies off.

If you use a chemical, make sure it doesn't mess with the properties of the rubber or the method of vulcanization.
LeftyAg89
AG
I've had these puppies on for 11 months!!! Still can't get those barcodes off! uggh!
555-PINF
Wish I knew, too. After ~25K on this set, three finally fell off and there's only a piece of 1. Of course, this is after getting stuck to the diff in wet sand, so I'm sure that helped loosen them up a bit.
BrazosDog02
AG
White letters out. Why you would do it any other way, i don't know.

HTH
wunderbrad01
AG
There's some seriously goofy looking trucks and cars out there with whites out. My truck wouldn't look right with anything other than blackwalls.

I agree that most vehicles look good with whites out, but def. not all.
TexasRebel
AG
whites out only if you're running 3 fingers.
BigRobSA
You should try doing burnouts...that gets a lot of the rubber off of them, not so sure about the tags.
555-PINF
quote:
White letters out. Why you would do it any other way, i don't know.

Not on a light colored truck - makes it look like 80s redneck or 90s vato with wide Road Huggers on Progressive or Eagle "five-star" rims...
BrazosDog02
AG
oh, sorry. All my tires are 285's or bigger on stock rims. I always prefer white out.
BQ2001
AG
just cover it up with a Sharpie
LeftyAg89
AG
BQ, you know, we actually joked about that! I may do that tonight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.