Tire rec for the Mazdarati

1,236 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
Dill-Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need tires for my Mazda6. They are 225/45R19 which is not a super common size from what I see. Only drive about 6k a year these days. The car has Vredestein Quatrac Pros, a brand I'd never heard of and they are actually pretty nice tires. Leaning towards another set of those or give a throwback to the lolvo with some Indy Firehawks.

3rd Platoon
AG
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE980AS+
Complete Idiot
I've become a Continental fan
USAFAg
AG
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Season

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Caladan
We put a set of Pirelli P7 AS +3 on my wife's Accord Touring. Really like them a lot. Great handling/traction in dry and wet, and not noisy.
USAFAg
AG
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/dg/TireDecisionServlet?step=processRankings&displayAttributes=&updatedAttributes=&ratingsChanged=true&savedWethandling=0&savedDryhandling=0&savedRidecomfort=0&savedWear=0&savedPrice=0&savedIcetraction=0&savedSnowtraction=0&savedWintertraction=0&savedTrailtraction=0&savedMudtraction=0&savedRocktraction=0&wethandling=5&wintertraction=5&dryhandling=5&ridecomfort=4&wear=4&price=5

Hope the link works but, go play around at TireRack. They have a pretty good decision and comparo matrix.

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
3rd Platoon said:

This
Complete Idiot
1agswitchin4lanes said:

3rd Platoon said:

This

Compare to Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus and see what you prefer.

Continental's performance and read wear compares wel but they are almost always lighter than competition. Tirerack shows them as 25 lbs vs 27 lbs for the potenzas - but I've never *totally* trusted the online listed weights
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
I really dislike the continentals once they're half worn. Noisy and like to grab the grooves in the road. When they're new, they're great.
3rd Platoon
AG
I've had the Potenzas on my old Honda Accord coupe, and they were very solid and firm to the road. They also lasted as long as any Michelin product I've ever had.
Complete Idiot
1agswitchin4lanes said:

I really dislike the continentals once they're half worn. Noisy and like to grab the grooves in the road. When they're new, they're great.

Interesting. I usually get a vehicle, slap new tires on it, and sell after 20k miles so I don't have a picture of the entire tire life - that's good to know
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Complete Idiot said:

1agswitchin4lanes said:

Interesting. I usually get a vehicle, slap new tires on it, and sell after 20k miles so I don't have a picture of the entire tire life - that's good to know

I usually don't keep past an oil change but whatever
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.