F250 Cruise Control

461 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgEng06
JD05AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 2019 F250 is not wanting to turn the cruise on. You can get it to turn on if you hit the on and set button at the same time, but it usually takes about 10 tries. Then setting the speed takes a few more times. the set button that should then decrease the speed, now increases it and the increase speed button is basically useless. If everything comes together and it all works, it will randomly kick out of cruise sometimes after 30 seconds, sometimes 30 miles, then you have to hit the set & on button and immediately hit the resume button, which may work and may not. My touch to talk/Siri button no longer works on the other side. I drive a minimum of 100 miles per day and this is getting old (started about 10 days ago). I'm thinking about replacing the buttons/switches on both sides of the steering wheel, but was going to see if anyone had had this issue before I ordered them and took my steering wheel apart. Any advice is appreciated.

Edited to add it has 145000 miles and gets put in pretty dirty/dusty conditions often.
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Granted it was a '00 or '02 F150, but my buddy has a cruise control issue that turned out to be a cold solder joint on the circuit board. He resoldered it and it worked fine. So maybe try that...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.