Ordering a new Telluride

3,023 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieEP
COAg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My car got totaled last month so I'm in the market for a new ride. Test drove a 23 Telluride SX Prestige and thought it was great, but the dealership (and most others online) show a massive mark-up for cars on the lot.

Can you order one that isn't on the lot and get factory pricing? Do I still work that deal at the dealership? Probably a stupid question, but haven't been in the market for a car in a long time.
txag2008
AG
You can find some dealerships that will sell for MSRP, but you have to look. If you aren't willing to pay over MSRP, you better be patient. We ordered one in January of this year and still don't have it.
COAg15
AG
Wow, that is a long wait. I heard from a friend that they waited 4 weeks for theirs. Guess it boils down to trim and customization?
0708aggie
AG
Look here. I found mine in 2021 here and made a call in KY for it at MSRP. Window stickers are shown and it may take a few calls.

https://www.failcat.com/
COAg15
AG
0708aggie said:

Look here. I found mine in 2021 here and made a call in KY for it at MSRP. Window stickers are shown and it may take a few calls.

https://www.failcat.com/
First I'm seeing of this site, but google shows that it's the "insider's site".

So once some get posted you just call call call and try and reserve that one?
txag2008
AG
Just know that the vast majority of these are already custom orders by individuals that get shipped to dealerships. The others that aren't are probably gonna have an above MSRP tag that it looks like you're trying to avoid.
Ridge14
Pros/Cons of Telluride vs Palisade?
0708aggie
AG
True. But all it takes is that one. Only one I called on was over MSRP (Georgia dealer). Literally two days and boom.
Streetfighter 02
AG
4 weeks is basically no wait. It took 7 months for ours to arrive. We really like the vehicle and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone in the market for an SUV with a third row.

Check out this earlier thread. Some info in there that will probably help you. Telluride Thread
BEaggie08
AG
Ridge14 said:

Pros/Cons of Telluride vs Palisade?
Purely opinion - Palisade is a touch nicer inside, but doesn't have an appealing exterior.
AggieEP
If you are in Colorado (guessing from the CO in your handle) call Longmont Kia north of Denver, they sell at MSRP, Raya is who I dealt with and she was great, you can either put in a custom order or just kick the tires on if they have any stock coming in soon.
COAg15
AG
I was in CO but recently relocated to TX. Gave them a call a few days ago and they told me they don't take reservations. So I'd have to gamble and fly up there hoping no one has bought it by then.
terradactylexpress
Fort bend and Moritz in fort Worth are the two dealerships I know of that will let you order/not charge a markup. We just are getting ours from one of these and it was about 7+months of a wait
MikesFamousJava
AG
I don't know how they are pricing the Tellurides specifically, but I had a great experience with the Huffines Subaru dealership in Corinth and they have a Kia dealership at the same location. Huffines also has a Kia dealership in McKinney. I was very pleased with the organization and recommend checking them out. Oh, and there was no dealer markup on the Forester that I bought my wife. No mandatory dealer add-ons either (e.g. scotchguard, nitrogen filled tires, etc.).
BEaggie08
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Fort bend and Moritz in fort Worth are the two dealerships I know of that will let you order/not charge a markup. We just are getting ours from one of these and it was about 7+months of a wait
I live in San Antonio and bought from Moritz in Ft Worth in 2020. Pretty much did it all over text message until pickup. I heard they are only doing orders for customers within a 60-mile radius now. So, who knows. I'd definitely reach out and give them a shot.

I've also heard good things about Huffines.

Spend some time on the Kia Telluride forum. They're a pretty helpful bunch.
Telluride Forum
dodger02
AG
We bought our SX Prestige AWD at Moritz in Alliance. Matt Ducote is the general manager and is easy to contact via email. At the time (December 2020), there was no markup and ordering was simple. Delivery took about 90 days.

I live waaaay outside the 60-mile radius. So if true that they're not taking orders from out of towners, that would be something new. But I bet if you contacted Matt, he would work with you. DM if you need his contact info.
AggieEP
Totally random, but pretty sure you were my college roommate from 03-07, I hope you enjoy the Telluride and hope you are doing well. I've been off the radar for a long time and haven't done a great job keeping up with folks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.