2016 Mustang Service Advancetrak error message

498 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Redstone
zooguy96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just popped up. Please advise. Faulty sensor?
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
aggieforester05
AG
Likely and something you're almost certainly going to need to take to the dealership and let them scan it.
zooguy96
aggieforester05 said:

Likely and something you're almost certainly going to need to take to the dealership and let them scan it.

I have an OBD Link plug in scanner that I didn't have plugged in when the original error code lit up. I'l'm going to drive around to see if I can pull a code.
TexasRebel
AG
This could be a number of things.

In my case the connection to the BCM had come loose (also the vehicle wouldn't start).

Is the Advancetrak message the only one? Is there a steering message, too? Is anything else acting strange? I mean anything. Like even the chimes when you start it.

Right now I'm fighting the exterior deck lid release button. Stopped working last week.
aggieforester05
AG
When I got that message on my 2011 Flex, it took the dealership five days to figure out what was wrong. I think it was a steering angle position sensor.
zooguy96
TexasRebel said:

This could be a number of things.

In my case the connection to the BCM had come loose (also the vehicle wouldn't start).

Is the Advancetrak message the only one? Is there a steering message, too? Is anything else acting strange? I mean anything. Like even the chimes when you start it.

Right now I'm fighting the exterior deck lid release button. Stopped working last week.

Advancetrak is the only message. Nothing else acting strange. The message quit on the way home, after which, I installed the scanner and got no error code.
TexasRebel
AG
I had it do that once a long time ago. How old is your battery?

My CEL was on for a bit last month with a P301… drove it hard one day and the light went off. Haven't seen it again.
zooguy96
TexasRebel said:

I had it do that once a long time ago. How old is your battery?

My CEL was on for a bit last month with a P301… drove it hard one day and the light went off. Haven't seen it again.

Don't know. Have had the car for a year. 2016 55 k miles. I'll pop the hood and see if I can get an age on the battery.
Redstone
AG
I also have a 2016, but it's a 4Runner.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.