Locked keys in 2014 F150 Lariat options?

1,869 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by texags08
allMondjoy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Extra fob, key button code in glovebox owners manual and cell phone all inside.
Any chance Ford can remotely open or its a locksmith only situation?
mosdefn14
AG
Is it parked in a parking lot in San Antonio or Houston?
TxAggieBand85
AG
I know it's a bit late for this advice, but I keep my Ford entry code(s) on Lastpass.
Jim '85
The Zone 323
sushi94
AG
very simple to program a new code that can be easily remembered.
Buck Turgidson
You used to be able to call the cops and they could open the car for you using a "jimmy" (flat metal tool that they could easily slip inside your door). A long time ago I locked the keys inside a rent car on a business trip to NYC and the cops came right over and opened the lock for me. Do those work on modern cars?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Pop a lock
aTm2004
AG
I'm assuming OP is still trying to get into his 2014 F150 Lariat.
allMondjoy
Was able to get in with use of a local wrecker service suggested by Sheriff dispatch. When he arrived he was able to gain access and my $65 charge was covered by my AAA membership. This was late Sunday night in a small town west of Houston.
CactusThomas
AG
Believe yellow checked cabs will pop a lock for $20
JamesPShelley
I remember in the olden days, before computers and social media, we would just slim the car or call a locksmith. I guess seeking that advice upon a forum of strangers is the new way.
txyaloo
AG
JamesPShelley said:

I remember in the olden days, before computers and social media, we would just slim the car or call a locksmith. I guess seeking that advice upon a forum of strangers is the new way.
In the olden days, we didn't have onstar, my ford connect, or all of the other online services that have the ability to unlock cars. Sure seems like OP was primarily asking whether Ford could remotely unlock his truck. He already knew a locksmith was an option...
aTm2004
AG
Wouldn't OP have the code on the door to use (assuming he set it up)? My 2013 Egg Edge has it and I use it often.
AgEng06
AG
Code is set from the factory, unless you reset it. He mentioned the factory code was in the glovebox in the owner's manual.
aTm2004
AG
He could have changed the code in less time for him to make this post. Guess some like to learn the hard way.
JamesPShelley
txyaloo said:

JamesPShelley said:

In the olden days, we didn't have onstar, my ford connect, or all of the other online services that have the ability to unlock cars. Sure seems like OP was primarily asking whether Ford could remotely unlock his truck. He already knew a locksmith was an option...
Oh, I hear ya.

The time spent logging onto a forum could have been spent Googling that very inquiry... and the results would be revealed on .0047 seconds.

That's just me.
txyaloo
AG
aTm2004 said:

Wouldn't OP have the code on the door to use (assuming he set it up)? My 2013 Egg Edge has it and I use it often.
My F250s code is on the RKE box way up under the dash. I've pulled it a few times with a scan tool, but since I never use it, I never remember the code. Guess I should store it in my password manager like someone else suggested
aTm2004
AG
The default is 0000, IIRC. From there, you can program it. Mine is my anniversary date. Easy way to never forget my anniversary.
Sea Speed
AG
I just made mine the same button 5x. Surprisingly, no one has stolen my truck.
txyaloo
AG
aTm2004 said:

The default is 0000, IIRC. From there, you can program it. Mine is my anniversary date. Easy way to never forget my anniversary.
As far as I'm aware, every vehicle has a "different" default. Like I said, on the 99-07 SuperDuty it for sure is written on the RKE box and isn't 0000. I know other older Fords have it in the same place and it's also "unique"
texags08
AG
Use the code on the door like every other higher than XLT trim Ford owner since the late 90's.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.