2007 Sequoia

886 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Complete Idiot
khkman22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm casually looking for a kids' vehicle, nothing in specific. Happened to come across a 2007 Sequoia with 127k miles that could also be an emergency family vehicle. Any known issues to be aware of since it's 15 years old? I assume the engine/transmission should be good for at least another 100k.

What would be a good price, assuming no issues? It's just an SR5, not Limited. J.D. Power says $10,100-$11,100. It's listed for $13,000.
drumboy
AG
Sounds like a deal to me. Similar to Tundra and I didn't have any issues with mine around that mileage or anywhere close. 5.7?
techno-ag
AG
Great vehicle. 13 mpg though, something to be aware of if gas goes way up after the SPR depletion stops.
aggiepaintrain
AG
edit, the 08 is much better
Complete Idiot
2007 is last year of the prior body style, with the indestructible 4.7L.

A couple months ago I bought a 2012 Sequoia SR5 for $13K though. I think asking price might be a bit high for the 2007, but if single owner, pristine, well maintained then it makes a difference.
water turkey
Yeah, that's a good deal. I would get it. See if you can get $500-$1000 bucks off.
khkman22
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Other than an updated body, what makes it so much better?
Complete Idiot
khkman22 said:

aggiepaintrain said:

Other than an updated body, what makes it so much better?
Well some might prefer the older body style, it's all subjective.

The 08's and up, with the 5.7L option, added 100+ more horsepower, and larger interiors, with no hit to gas mileage. Some say they even get slightly better gas mileage than the earlier models. The 08 can tow more and do it more safely.

The 08 added four wheel independent suspension. Some people might prefer that, others might prefer the earlier model's suspension set up. The 07's and earlier probably preferred in the off road community.

Both are very reliable, simple to work on, and parts are cheap since so many are shared with the Tundra. More off road type options with the earlier year models I believe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.