Question on insurance

1,059 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ccolley68
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New windshield and calibration of lane assist for wife's Atlas is right at $950. Deductible is $500. I've not had an insurance claim in 10 years. Better to just pay out of pocket or make the claim and pay the $500 plus whatever premium increases that would happen?
aggiecody06
Did you pay out of pocket for w/s or file claim through insurance? I'm assuming just paid out of pocket for it. Who is quoting you $950 for ADAS calibration the dealership?
agdaddy04
AG
aggiecody06 said:

Did you pay out of pocket for w/s or file claim through insurance? I'm assuming just paid out of pocket for it. Who is quoting you $950 for ADAS calibration the dealership?

Sorry for not explaining better. I haven't bought the windshield yet. That's the all in place. No, it's a mom and pop shop in Arvada, CO. Was trying to stay away from Safelite. The price is for the windshield and them to calibrate it. Was curious which way would be best. But from your reaction, I probably need to get other quotes? Spoke to a coworker and his F150 just cost $1100 in a similar area.
BrazosDog02
AG
If it's over my deductible and it's covered, I'm going through insurance.

I've had tons of chips fixed and several windshields replaced completely for 50 bucks a pop. OEM. Then in a year, I shop around and get my rates reduced with a new carrier.

That's what I have insurance for. Take advantage of it. You'll feel better when you get the upcoming renewal and premium increase that's going to happen no matter what.
aggiecody06
If that's all in price that's not terrible for w/s and calibration. But as poster above said, you've got insurance for reason use it. Why pay $400 more when you've been paying prob $100+ a month for X amount of years….
ccolley68
AG
Windshields don't hit your loss run like an accident does.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.