F150 Leather seat cleaner

1,170 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheDro
Bert315
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have a 2010 F150 Lariat and the seats are in good condition but noticing some small cracks. What is the best product for restoring or protecting them going forward?
lb sand
AG
https://www.leatheronlyproducts.com/shop

You can buy online or pick it up at Houston Shoe Hospital.

The best leather cleaner ever.
We use it on shoes, furniture, purses etc.
JSKolache
AG
Lexol
91AggieLawyer
AG
All Purpose Cleaner from Meguiars (you can get it at O'Reilleys but you have to order it), diluted 10:1. Car leather seats are coated and really only need to be cleaned. However, I've had really good results with Griots 3 in 1 Leather Spray, even though it says "conditioner" on it. I don't believe it really does that, but it does seem to soften the leather a bit, even if temporarily. It also says cleaner but it isn't a cleaning product for dirty seats in my opinion and I've used it a lot for about 3 years.

Just keep the seats clean.

If you really think your vehicle has untreated leather, drop a small bit of water on it. If the leather soaks it in, its untreated; if it just sits there, it is coated. Almost all of it is coated. I'm only aware of SOME King Ranch seats (and maybe very high end sports cars) that have FACTORY uncoated leather seats.

ETA: for those that question what I said here, this is a pro detailer with decades of experience with high end clients using what I recommend here. Darren uses more aggressive brushes than I do (I think softer brushes get into the crevices better -- it isn't a scratch issue) and he's now using Simple Green if that makes you feel better.

TheDro
Tech Stain remover
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.