Need New Headlights for my Jeep Wrangler

1,266 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FriskyGardenGnome
Mmetag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to get new headlights for my 2015 Jeep JK. Anyone upgraded to LED and love theirs? The factorys just arent cutting it on those late night drives. Any Specific ones to avoid?
Thanks,
Mmetag10
Street Fighter
AG
Where are you located?
AggieMPH2005
If you haven't upgraded your fogs yet, that may be a good place to start. I replaced my fogs with the Ss3 Max and the light output is astounding.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/ss3-led-fog-light-kit-for-2007-2018-jeep-jk-wrangler.html

*I drive a F-150 not a Jeep
Furlock Bones
AG
Your choices are chinesiums like Oracle, Axial. Cheap. Generally good light output. But often go bad in 2 years.

Or go with ones that will last. JW Speakers or Truck Lites.

I recommend the JW Speakers.
Dw2022
AG
I have the Diode Dynamics fog lights on my JL and the output is great. I'm not sure if they have headlights, but they'd be the company I'd start with.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Your choices are chinesiums like Oracle, Axial. Cheap. Generally good light output. But often go bad in 2 years.

Or go with ones that will last. JW Speakers or Truck Lites.

I recommend the JW Speakers.

The Oracle reviews on the Jeep Gladiator forums are pretty negative.
Mmetag10
AG
In college station
dodger02
AG
JW Speaker

Buy once, cry once.

Absolutely love mine.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
I went JW Speaker. No regrets.
lb3
AG
I would also consider Morimoto as well:
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/buyer-guide-by-vehicle/2015+Jeep+Wrangler
Mmetag10
AG
Thanks everyone gonna go jw speaker
AggieMPH2005
Diode dynamics has 15% off this weekend. If any of you were on the fence about these. I love my SS3 max fogs.
permabull
AG
The previous owner put JW speaker leds on my JK and they are okay. He had to put antiflicker modules on them to keep them from flickering while the engine was running. They still flicker when the lights are on but the car is off so I turned off illuminated approach and only turn the lights on when the engine is on.

I believe the version I have are the original ones and they have made improvements over the years.

There is apparently a setting the dealer can flash into your ecu that makes the system think you have oem leds and this setting can be added to the ECU of Jeeps from years where that wasn't an option.

If money isn't a thang, I would say get a set of 2018 OEM leds and install those and get the dealer to flash the ECU for you. That is what I plan to do once I have finally had enough of my current set.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
The current gen JW Speakers do not have flicker issues as the anti-flicker harness is integrated. They're plug and play.

If you do go the computer flash route, get the JScan App and program it yourself - especially on a JK.

JLs require an additional harness to program, but it's cheap and equally easy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.