Z06 Roadshow came to San Antonio yesterday

2,781 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mateo84
lotsofhp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took my son to check it out. Car is amazing and they also have a cool interactive type video where you stand on this platform that simulates the feel of the car as it revs and shift. Pretty neat. Son loved it.

Car is bad to the bone

lotsofhp
AG
Picard
AG
Username totally checks out!

K Bo
AG
Six to midnight on startup!
Buck Turgidson
I would order one today if I had any idea when they were really coming out, what they will really cost and if there wasn't already about a 3 year backlog of preorders.

Also, the small tweaks to the body proportions really make the Z06 look so much better than the base c8. This one really compares well with most Lambo designs IMO.
schmendeler
AG
What's the pricing?
lotsofhp
AG
They didn't have any info on pricing and the guys with the car seemed to not know anything
mts6175
AG
Was told by a dealer a couple weeks ago 5 year waitlist......
bam02
AG
Great pic of you and your son!
lotsofhp
AG
bam02 said:

Great pic of you and your son!

Haha yeah I'm going to have to print that one out and put it up somewhere. Cool little dude.

Thanks for the compliment
ac04
they finally put some proper wheels on it. beautiful.
aggieforester05
AG
mts6175 said:

Time to ramp up production. I hate that they severely limit the production of cool cars like this, thereby increasing scarcity and driving up the price. The world is a better place with more sports cars, not less. I couldn't care less about exclusivity!
mts6175
AG

The problem is the engines are hand built.
schmendeler
AG
I'll accept a discount for a robot-built engine.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
mts6175 said:

My plan is to skip the Z06 wait, just buy ZR1 instead.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
JamesPShelley
My 31 year old son paid cash for his a few months ago... expecting to receive it later this year.

When I asked him, "Does it have this? Does it have that?" he responded, "Dad, it has everything".

He laid out ~$100K. Green.

I asked him which color and he couldn't recall telling me that upon delivery it goes straight to the shop for a wrap.
lotsofhp
AG
On a Z06? Dang, he must have some sort of connection.
Cromagnum
AG
mts6175 said:

LOL. The c9 will be out by then.
aggieforester05
AG
mts6175 said:

The problem is the engines are hand built.
Make more room and hire more technicians. A 5 year waitlist for a product shows that there is a huge demand. Make less crappy SUVs and CUVs and more cars that people want. At this rate, they'll never dip under $100K on the used market. A couple of years ago, C6 Z06 cars dipped into the high 20s for higher mileage examples. That was a pretty advanced car with a lot of performance. They should flood the market with every one they can sell before the ecoterrorists force them to go electric and the sports car world is dead to many of us.
kyledr04
AG
Lots of speculation that this could be the last NA non-hybrid v8. That plus low production could mean these cars barely depreciate if at all especially low mileage ones.
FIDO*98*
AG
Zero chance it's a Z06 for 100K unless that was the deposit
lotsofhp
AG
lotsofhp said:

Circling around. My little video here has over 240k views on YouTube. Crazy
KidDoc
AG
Most mags estimate 100k start cost for Z06. My estimated buildout for a new vette with a base cost of 60k is 90k so it will be hard if not impossible to get one for 100k-- especially a convertible like the one shown.

Z06 is a bit out of my budget, plus the long wait is an issue.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mateo84
AG
Anybody have a Chevy connection for ordering a C8? Looking to get in line for a Z06 … and yes, I know it will be a challenge.

(Question posted in the C8 build thread as well)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.