2022 F-250 Lead Times?

7,694 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any knowledge on how long from order to production on these? Ordered one earlier this week but guy I bought from said they have absolutely no idea when it will be here.
File5
AG
Doesn't it stand for "F it, 250 day wait time"?

That was way funnier in my head I think lol
agcrock2005
AG
File5 said:

Unfortunately that wouldn't surprise me...hoping for 4 months though which is crazy to even think about. Guy even told me that if it came in and I didn't want it then he'd just sell it to someone else for more money. He said the only way they can get inventory is by having customers order vehicles to be delivered to their lot. Crazy world.
Van Buren Boy
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Anyone have any knowledge on how long from order to production on these? Ordered one earlier this week but guy I bought from said they have absolutely no idea when it will be here.
Looking to pull this trigger later this week. Who did you order from (if you don't mind me asking)?
agcrock2005
AG
Van Buren Boy said:

agcrock2005 said:

Looking to pull this trigger later this week. Who did you order from (if you don't mind me asking)?
I used Justin Blissett at Bill Fick Ford. I've bought 4 trucks and an expedition from him in the last 8 or 9 years. Nobody ever gets close to him on price in my experience. Negotiate people...it's fun. I've never even met him. I live in DFW and they bring the vehicles to my work or house.
reproag
AG
I'm averaging 70 days but it has slowed down. Only got 2 orders delivered in January.
reproag
AG
agcrock2005 said:

File5 said:

Unfortunately that wouldn't surprise me...hoping for 4 months though which is crazy to even think about. Guy even told me that if it came in and I didn't want it then he'd just sell it to someone else for more money. He said the only way they can get inventory is by having customers order vehicles to be delivered to their lot. Crazy world.
New normal.
agcrock2005
AG
reproag said:

I'm averaging 70 days but it has slowed down. Only got 2 orders delivered in January.
That stinks. Any idea what caused slowdown? Were there any plant shut downs, or waiting on parts from China? Also, you notice any trends like King Ranch/Platinum go faster/slower, etc.? Thanks.
reproag
AG
agcrock2005 said:

reproag said:

That stinks. Any idea what caused slowdown? Were there any plant shut downs, or waiting on parts from China? Also, you notice any trends like King Ranch/Platinum go faster/slower, etc.? Thanks.
Chip shortage again. My guess is we are seeing the effects of closures around the world from Omicron. No pattern yet but last time more chips = longer wait.
agcrock2005
AG
reproag said:

agcrock2005 said:

reproag said:

Chip shortage again. My guess is we are seeing the effects of closures around the world from Omicron. No pattern yet but last time more chips = longer wait.
What's the latest average now? I only ordered mine 3 weeks ago so not expecting anytime soon...just wondering what the latest news in the supply chain mess is. Thanks.
reproag
AG
agcrock2005 said:

reproag said:

agcrock2005 said:

reproag said:

What's the latest average now? I only ordered mine 3 weeks ago so not expecting anytime soon...just wondering what the latest news in the supply chain mess is. Thanks.
No update. Only thing I've had delivered this month are the 2 raptors so far. 241 and 237 days for them but they are in a different category for special orders like the bronco.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I've been seeing some as short as 2-3 months in a FB group I'm in. I took advantage of the market and sold my '18 F250 last year thinking the shortage would end pretty quickly. Now I'm getting kind of ready to get out of my beater and back into a truck, so any gains from selling mine are out the window.

There are a few options that I hear are drastically increasing lead time. I think the spray in bedliner and the adaptive cruise (or maybe adaptive steering?) are two of them.
agcrock2005
AG
I went ahead and ordered new one to lock in the price now because I'm sure it's only going to go up, but also because I don't see an end to this ridiculous used super duty market in the near term. Assuming the supply chain issue doesn't solve itself in the next few months, I think I'll be able to get more for my truck than what I paid for it 2 years ago.
reproag
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

I've been seeing some as short as 2-3 months in a FB group I'm in. I took advantage of the market and sold my '18 F250 last year thinking the shortage would end pretty quickly. Now I'm getting kind of ready to get out of my beater and back into a truck, so any gains from selling mine are out the window.

There are a few options that I hear are drastically increasing lead time. I think the spray in bedliner and the adaptive cruise (or maybe adaptive steering?) are two of them.
Correct. Spray in bed liner and adaptive steering are still build delays.
agcrock2005
AG
reproag said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

Correct. Spray in bed liner and adaptive steering are still build delays.
Damn. Just checked and mine has adaptive steering.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I saw a barely used 2022 King Ranch for sale today for $72k. Got really excited and then saw the gas engine exhaust pipe.
AgTDub
AG
Is it too late to remove the bedliner from my order?
reproag
AG
AgTDub said:

Is it too late to remove the bedliner from my order?
I'll call you
agcrock2005
AG
Reproag, what's the least you can go over invoice on F250 these days, and where do you start before any negotiating? Just wondering what the margins are on these things with so much demand.
reproag
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Reproag, what's the least you can go over invoice on F250 these days, and where do you start before any negotiating? Just wondering what the margins are on these things with so much demand.
Can't talk price on here or I'll get banned. Contact info is in my profile. Give me a call
WillieAg08
AG
I ordered two weeks ago and was told there was likely a better chance of it being balanced out and having to reorder a 2023 than it coming in. Still holding on to the glimmer of hope though!
HarleySpoon
AG
I have a 2021, diesel 4WD I'm about to sell. I've owned it about a year and it has 17,000 miles . It's an XL with a full, front Ranchhand (have original bumper if wanted) , bedliner and a B&W gooseneck hitch. Paid sticker….would like to get close to that. Not a nick on it.
agcrock2005
AG
WillieAg08 said:

I ordered two weeks ago and was told there was likely a better chance of it being balanced out and having to reorder a 2023 than it coming in. Still holding on to the glimmer of hope though!
What does "balanced out" mean? And was it from reliable source?
WillieAg08
AG
Means they would stop building 2022s to make way for 2023. Ordered from Justin Blissett at Bill Fick in Huntsville.
agcrock2005
AG
WillieAg08 said:

Means they would stop building 2022s to make way for 2023. Ordered from Justin Blissett at Bill Fick in Huntsville.
Ha. I just e-mailed him this morning about this. I ordered through him as well. Have bought 4 or 5 vehicles from him. Good guy.
HarleySpoon
AG
Just posted my 2021 for sale in classifieds:

https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3274420/replies/61550814

WillieAg08
AG
It was too easy! He was super quick to respond, no bs. Worst case the 2022 doesn't make it and we order the 23.
agcrock2005
AG
WillieAg08 said:

It was too easy! He was super quick to respond, no bs. Worst case the 2022 doesn't make it and we order the 23.
I e-mailed him asking if mine could do that (I ordered 2/2/22) and he said he didn't see that happening to mine. Wonder what difference is between mine and yours. This whole thing is weird as hell.
Yesterday
AG
Ordered a King Ranch December 27th. Was supposed to be built 2-7 then moved to 2-14 and then again to 2-28. Will update if it's built next week.
reproag
AG
Yesterday said:

Ordered a King Ranch December 27th. Was supposed to be built 2-7 then moved to 2-14 and then again to 2-28. Will update if it's built next week.
Lets hope so.
HarleySpoon
AG
I ordered a '22 F-350 this last week. Salesman just called and said Ford might cancel the order as they are talking about cancelling and stop taking orders until they get a little caught up.
AgTDub
AG
Ugh, please no.
Yesterday
AG
Yesterday said:

Says it's being built.
AgTDub
AG
Have a ship date yet?

Ordered one 2/15 through reproag. I'm trying to take the same approach as I do with supressor purchases and just "forget about them" but its not really working....
Yesterday
AG
AgTDub said:

Have a ship date yet?

Ordered one 2/15 through reproag. I'm trying to take the same approach as I do with supressor purchases and just "forget about them" but its not really working....

Yep. Says it's shipped! Should be there next week.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.