question for auto experts

404 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by HumpitPuryear
harrierdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 2006 Ram 3500, Quad-cab, with the cummins diesel. 146K miles. I did have to replace the injectors once and have had some A/C issues, but appears to be doing ok now in this regard.
it has been mostly a farm truck, and still is to some extent, but nothing like it used to be.
it is pretty beat up, especially inside.
I'd like to get it re-done with a new paint job, a renovation for the interior.
I'd like to change the exterior color - currently a gold color.

so...
1. do exterior or interior first, or both at same time?
2. is it a problem to change colors on a vehicle paint job? I assume not, but IDK
3. Should I go with OEM type of replacement inside, or any recommendations for seats? I don't really want to spend a fortune on seating, but would like comfort and longevity.
4. I'm in CS, so any recommendations for either or both would be greatly appreciated. I've used BV collision for stuff on our cars when needed, but they are a little pricey, although I assume with what I want done, it will cost some $$ regardless.
HumpitPuryear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A color change is going to be very expensive if done correctly. You basically have to strip the truck down so door jambs, under hood, all the nooks and crannies get painted. If the seats are ok structurally you might look at seat covers. I've had some luck replacing worn or broken interior parts by going to pick-n-pull yards but that can be a slow process.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.