Bronco Raptor Coming 2022

1,628 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by davido
reproag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got this email today. Only info given is below along with a link to the video.

Key FAQs
  • When can customers order a Bronco Raptor? We'll have more details in the coming weeks.
  • Will existing order holders be able to order one? We'll have more details in the coming weeks. Raptor, like other specialty Ford Performance vehicles, are produced in lower numbers annually. We're not able to guarantee availability for all existing order holders.
Furlock Bones
AG
Using the Raptor name for this is dumb. Also, I won't hold my breath. They need to get regular orders filled and problem vehicles fixed first.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I got the same email and honestly it just made me more pissed off at how poorly Ford is running this release.

Thanks Ford for sending me a small "thank you" for putting up with this **** show. My reward is a link to a YouTube clip with about three seconds of Raptor bumper displayed. Even your FAQs are useless. Let me translate that Ford speak for you. The y have no ducking clue when the raptors will be available and they have no ****ing clue if existing order holders will be able to order one.

If you want to give me an actual thank you Ford: How about an online ordering system that provides some actual estimates about when the Bronco I orders in July of 2020 will be built. How about actual providing some sort of useful information to your dealers so that when I call them for an update I don't get told, "sorry bro Ford doesn't tell us ****, you'll know before we do when your bronco is getting built."
AgGrad99
AG
I was told by a dealership employee the other day, that they've stopped taking deposits, and are booked out to 2023 for Broncos.

Is this true?

I dont care if I was booked out to 2026....I'd keep taking deposits. When people want to give you money, you figure out how to take it.
fixer
Probably gonna be a fwd grocery getter with cool decals and a plastic skid plate.
Garrelli 5000
AG
SHould name it the Bro-Tor.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Bucking Bronco
sushi94
AG
BRaptor? Why use both names? thats stupid. almost as stupid as the Mustang MachE
G Martin 87
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I was told by a dealership employee the other day, that they've stopped taking deposits, and are booked out to 2023 for Broncos.

Is this true?

I dont care if I was booked out to 2026....I'd keep taking deposits. When people want to give you money, you figure out how to take it.
I had a reservation and was OK waiting until 2022. But when I found out that a $2,000 deposit would be required to convert the reservation to a real order, and I still might have to wait until 2023 for delivery, I bailed. Not giving Ford a free $2,000 for nebulous promises that have so far been anything but realistic.
capn00
AG
G Martin 87 said:

AgGrad99 said:

Is this true?

I had a reservation and was OK waiting until 2022. But when I found out that a $2,000 deposit would be required to convert the reservation to a real order, and I still might have to wait until 2023 for delivery, I bailed. Not giving Ford a free $2,000 for nebulous promises that have so far been anything but realistic.
That sounds like a dealership issue, and not a Ford issue. While I am not excusing Ford for anything related to this roll out, I have a legit order in for my Bronco and I didn't pay anything other than my $100 reservation fee. I won't be seeing the vehicle until sometime next year, but I am okay with that. There are LOTS of stories around the country about shady dealer practices with this roll out. Frankly Ford seems to be enabling it to a point, but, if you can find a good dealer I would stick with it.
EMY92
AG
2022 Bronco...available Fall 2024.
reproag
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

I got the same email and honestly it just made me more pissed off at how poorly Ford is running this release.

Thanks Ford for sending me a small "thank you" for putting up with this **** show. My reward is a link to a YouTube clip with about three seconds of Raptor bumper displayed. Even your FAQs are useless. Let me translate that Ford speak for you. The y have no ducking clue when the raptors will be available and they have no ****ing clue if existing order holders will be able to order one.

If you want to give me an actual thank you Ford: How about an online ordering system that provides some actual estimates about when the Bronco I orders in July of 2020 will be built. How about actual providing some sort of useful information to your dealers so that when I call them for an update I don't get told, "sorry bro Ford doesn't tell us ****, you'll know before we do when your bronco is getting built."
I understand your frustrations. The joke around here is 2022 Raptor available in 2024, if we are lucky. I do know that we are getting one of the First Editions I have ordered between Oct 3-9.
reproag
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Is this true?

Not that I'm aware of. Just took an order today for a 2022.
reproag
AG
sushi94 said:

BRaptor? Why use both names? thats stupid. almost as stupid as the Mustang MachE
I'm going to wait and see. After driving the Bronco at the Off Roadeo event don't think it needs a Raptor version but we don't know what that package is yet.
reproag
AG
capn00 said:

G Martin 87 said:

AgGrad99 said:

Is this true?

That sounds like a dealership issue, and not a Ford issue. While I am not excusing Ford for anything related to this roll out, I have a legit order in for my Bronco and I didn't pay anything other than my $100 reservation fee. I won't be seeing the vehicle until sometime next year, but I am okay with that. There are LOTS of stories around the country about shady dealer practices with this roll out. Frankly Ford seems to be enabling it to a point, but, if you can find a good dealer I would stick with it.
This. Several stories of dealerships charging over sticker for Broncos. One where customer pulled up and someone else was test driving their order. Dealership added $30K to price and told them if they didn't buy it for that price other people would. Needless to say the dealership got blasted on social media.
reproag
AG
EMY92 said:

2022 Bronco...available Fall 2024.
HOPEFULLY
AgGrad99
AG
reproag said:

AgGrad99 said:

Is this true?

Had a feeling the story might have been embellished. Didnt make sense that they'd squash demand.
YouBet
AG
Ford so far behind they are just going to leapfrog the regular Broncos and go straight to 2024 Braptors for everyone.
555-PINF
reproag said:

If the books are open for 2022s, I need to come see you ASAP and convert my reservation to an order.
reproag
AG
The Ghost of DUCK01 said:

reproag said:

If the books are open for 2022s, I need to come see you ASAP and convert my reservation to an order.
Let me clarify. The 2022 order bank isn't officially open yet. The order was for a 2021. The customer knows it would likely be switched to a 2022 model and they were ok with either.
davido
AG
sushi94 said:

Goes brap! brap! brap!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.