Wheel refinishing (clear coat peeling)

550 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 1agswitchin4lanes
mneisch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My OEM 2018 Expedition wheels are peeling and have started to lose some of their clear coat, as seen in the pictures below. Is this something that can be easily repaired by a shop? I'm in NW Houston is anyone has a recommendation.

Cromagnum
AG
I think the only way you can get those repaired without them looking bad is to get them refinished/repainted. Touching it up isn't going to work very well.
mneisch
AG
Is this something a wheel/tire shop can take care of? I need to replace the tires here in the next 5k miles, so was also considering just picking up a pair of Ford takeoffs.
txyaloo
AG
Last time I had wheels refinished, it was ~$250 a wheel. You can likely get a set of takeoffs on FB Marketplace for a good amount less than that.
BEaggie08
AG
I'm in San Antonio, but I'm having a guy come out to do mine early next month. He charges $90 per wheel. He has done friends of mine and did a great job. I'd ask around and see if you can find a local/independent guy.
mneisch
AG
That's exactly what I need here in the Houston area. Wish someone had a hookup.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Are you the original owner? That looks like a dealer reconditioning sloppy job.

Houston Wheel Tex did a great job for me.

Sammy is the owner and they're near 610 and Ella.
+1 (713) 493-8137
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.