WTB: Used car for teen driver

1,967 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by agpetz
TalkNerdy2Me
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
On the lookout for a used car for a teen driver. Located in CS, willing to travel to Houston or Austin for a good cash deal.

Ideal purchase is 2007-2015 Honda or Toyota sedan or coupe. Reliable. Gas/maintenance affordable on part-time student worker pay.

Contact username at aggienetwork

Post removed:
by user
JamesPShelley
Rendered Fat said:

I've got a 2002 Ford Mustang GT Convertible in mint condition with 20k miles on it that I'm gonna sell next month. The ONLY negative is that it's automatic but that may be good for your daughter. I've been using it as my daily driver the last month and it's awesome. Hate to have to get rid of it.
What's your ballpark asking price for that ride? Thanks!
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Ciboag96
Somebody about to be Dad of the year
The Fife
Nice car, hope it survives a teen driver somehow!
Post removed:
by user
Matsui
AG
Texags delivers. Nice!
TecRecAg
AG
Oh my. Having flashbacks to driving my 00 GT in high school. 5-speed with 4.10s in the rear, full exhaust. I thought I was hot *****
sushi94
AG
I thought about buying the mustang for my daughter - but then she made me realize i would be buying it for myself like I did with my son. Plus she wants something "newer"
Post removed:
by user
ShawnTxAg
AG
Checking w the wife, but may be interested. If so ill send an email
MikesFamousJava
AG
OP, my (unsolicited) advice is to consider a smallish crossover instead of a sedan. The increased ride height has proven to provide increased safety due to better visibility, and they're more practical for hauling stuff to college in a few years, while still providing acceptable fuel economy. I have 3 daughters. I initially had 2 of them in sedans, but now I have 2 in Mazda CX-5s and 1 in a Subaru Forester. Happy hunting, whatever you decide.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Username does not check out with a Mustang
cavscout96
AG
sushi94 said:

I thought about buying the mustang for my daughter - but then she made me realize i would be buying it for myself like I did with my son. Plus she wants something "newer"

How much money is she bringing to the table?

Gift horse, etc.
1876er
AG
Rendered Fat said:

I have to ask, why do you have a 20 year old car with only 20K miles on it?
sushi94
AG
Well - she opted out of private school and got in to the #5 best public HS in the state. Her logic is to just take the money we would have spent on private school and buy a car! It's my own doing. I just remember my first car was $500 - 1980 Buick Skylark that ran on 5 cylinders, had a bent frame/cradle, and the headliner hit my head until i glued it back up.
Post removed:
by user
1876er
AG
That's awesome. Those Mustangs have aged well in my eyes, and to get one that looks like it just came off the factory line is a neat find.
cavscout96
AG
Amen.

Mine was an Plymouth K car 4cyl manual.

800 bones. I paid half.

Pops carried the insurance, but I paid all fuel, maintenance, and repairs.

Good times.
mosdefn14
AG
Rendered Fat said:

That being said, I shouldn't have posted it yet because like I said, I can't sell it for a month until my truck is built.
That AT4 in your garage doesn't run eh?
Post removed:
by user
agpetz
sushi94 said:

Well - she opted out of private school and got in to the #5 best public HS in the state. Her logic is to just take the money we would have spent on private school and buy a car! It's my own doing. I just remember my first car was $500 - 1980 Buick Skylark that ran on 5 cylinders, had a bent frame/cradle, and the headliner hit my head until i glued it back up.

That's awesome she was going to pay for her own private school. Oh, you were paying? Why should a child have any say in what their parent does with money that isn't theirs?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.