BBB issues warning against VROOM

1,787 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
TitanAGGIE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releases/24809-bbb-warning-vroom-an-online-car-retailer-receives-an-influx-of-consumer-complaints

Do not remember seeing this get posted.
Picard
AG
Texas Direct Auto was a perfect match for Vroom

Macarthur
Interesting. So I recently bought a car for my son through Vroom.

I was disappointed in two things. No where on the paperwork or communications did they say it could be up to 14 days for the car to be delivered. That wouldn't have changed my purchase, but I was disappointed that wasn't made clear.

Also, it did come not clean. My son loves washing his cars so he was happy to get it cleaned up immediately, but it would have been nice for it to be cleaned. It wasn't filthy, but clearly not given a good cleaning.

Got the plates and registration all timely so no issues there.
WoMD
Anything better than BBB to work with that points to this issue? After running a business, it is pretty apparent that they're a scam. All it takes is a bribe to keep your rating up, which I refused to do. Since no one uses BBB anymore I just ignored the threat and offer to make it go away if I played ball, probably had a ****ty rating after that.
AGHouston11
AG
WoMD said:

Anything better than BBB to work with that points to this issue? After running a business, it is pretty apparent that they're a scam. All it takes is a bribe to keep your rating up, which I refused to do. Since no one uses BBB anymore I just ignored the threat and offer to make it go away if I played ball, probably had a ****ty rating after that.

Exactly this is how BBB operates
Yesterday
AG
WoMD said:

So much this. They have called me numerous times about addressing complaints and how I could reply by becoming a member. I told them I have yet to have a customer BBB me online for reviews or information. BBB and the Yellow Pages died a long time ago.
YouBet
AG
WoMD said:

I'm 47 and have never once in my life consulted BBB. I don't understand why anyone pays attention to it. It died with the internet.
htxag09
AG
I don't use it at all for research, but it's benefited me when dealing with a ****ty store. I purchased a normal stock item that was backordered. They told me 3 months, then 6, then 12, then 18. I tried to cancel about 9 months after originally purchasing when it was then12 months out. They said I couldn't because it was custom. Argued with them for awhile and got nowhere. Submitted a BBB complaint and within a couple days the store called me and offered to cancel the order.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.