motorcycle thread

4,607 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Daingerfield, Texas
third
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have one of these ordered that is supposed to arrive in November.

the pit man
I currently have an 09 Fat Bob, good for around town and short trips. I'm thinking about selling it an get an Adventure bike. Just something for a change
lb3
AG
NRH ag 10 said:

lb3 said:

Nice rides.

Btw, I was probably the one giving you crap for braking in a turn.
Thanks!

Eh, pretty mild compared to a guy on here saying he hoped I died because I'd lane split during commutes.
Lane splitting is legal in half of America (and not prohibited in Texas) but most importantly to me, it protects you from my worst fear when riding which is hearing squeaking tires behind me.
TombstoneTex
AG
What are good roads to get out to and enjoy riding on near Houston? I figure any of the major highways in town are pretty crappy to ride in and ITL a bunch of low speed stop and go.
maverick2076
lb3 said:

NRH ag 10 said:

lb3 said:

Nice rides.

Btw, I was probably the one giving you crap for braking in a turn.
Thanks!

Eh, pretty mild compared to a guy on here saying he hoped I died because I'd lane split during commutes.
Lane splitting is legal in half of America (and not prohibited in Texas) but most importantly to me, it protects you from my worst fear when riding which is hearing squeaking tires behind me.

That is incorrect. Lane splitting is only specifically legal in 3 states. (California, Utah, and Montana). Other states either specifically ban it or do not address it. Many riders believe that lane splitting is legal because it's something many motorcycle riders do. However, it's illegal, and if an accident occurs, you could be charged with breaking road safety laws.

Texas has no law that explicitly mentions lane splitting. Texas Transportation Code 545.060 states that all road users must remain within a single lane, which essentially makes lane splitting illegal. Motorcycle lobbying and rights organizations have been trying to get lane splitting or filtering passed for the last few sessions, but have been unsuccessful so far.

It's unfortunate, because filtering has been shown to increase rider safety and decrease wrecks.
AgBQ-00
AG
review of the Chief Bobber Dark Horse. Have not finished it but thought some would like to see

maverick2076
Anyone out here at MotoGP? Lots of good looking bikes on display.
JSKolache
AG
HYC_AG said:

What are good roads to get out to and enjoy riding on near Houston? I figure any of the major highways in town are pretty crappy to ride in and ITL a bunch of low speed stop and go.
Head NW and find some hills. Bellville - Brenham - Navasota - Anderson etc
maverick2076
Go a little farther west. Columbus, Fayetteville, Frelsburg, etc.
NRH ag 10
AG
No, but went in 15, 16, and 17. Tons of fun!
EMY92
AG
You can pre-order this, it's only $380,000.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/resilience/smart-cities/574797-you-can-pre-order-a-150-mph-star-wars-style-flying?jwsource=cl
maverick2076
NRH ag 10 said:

No, but went in 15, 16, and 17. Tons of fun!

I'm working the event, but I did get a chance to sneak off and demo an Aprilia RS 660. Gorgeous bike, and lots of fun, but it confirmed that sport bikes are not for me.
maverick2076
I got to demo the Moto Guzzi V85 TT Adventure Sunday morning. Gorgeous bike. Great ergos. Super slick transmission. A little buzzy on heavy acceleration, but a great bike with a lot to offer.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm not a rider but I grew up on the back of my dad's Harley.

Surprisingly I've never really desired to have a bike. I'll freely admit that I'm terrified. I briefly caught the bug/desire a couple of years ago and my wife immediately made it clear in no uncertain terms that it wasn't going to happen.

Having said that due to so much ass in shotgun growing up I'm keenly aware of bikes and operating my vehicle while they're around.

When I see a vehicle tailgating a biker I have a sudden visceral hate for whomever is behind the wheel.

There is one exception - when a biker passes on the shoulder and all of the debris that accumulates there rains down on my vehicle I hope the biker becomes a statistic against riding. It is 100% of the time someone on a crotch rocket.
Sea Speed
AG
When I was like 12 I did houston>lubbock>Carlsbad,nm>chama,nm>denver>Cheyenne and back on the back of my stepdads motorcycle. I've wanted one ever since and have never pulled the trigger. What a trip that was. I need to get a bike.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Chama had a restaurant that closed several years ago called Viva la Vera's. Fantastic green and red chili enchiladas. My dad and I still talk about them to this day and that was 1987ish?
Sea Speed
AG
I dont remember anything like that but I do remember really liking the place. We also went to Leadville co and q bunch if other cool small towns. Id love to do another trip like that.
Daingerfield, Texas
AG
If you're still looking at R9t……check out this website - https://nmoto.com/. Buy the 9 and get these guys to slap the metal on it.

The never produced but iconic 1934 R7 on a new bike platform. I've got two BMW's - an 82 R65LS and a 2007 R1200RT. I flat out love airheads.
"If we don't protect freedom of speech, how can we quickly find the assholes?"
drumboy
AG
That looks awesome but pricey.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Daingerfield, Texas said:

If you're still looking at R9t……check out this website - https://nmoto.com/. Buy the 9 and get these guys to slap the metal on it.

The never produced but iconic 1934 R7 on a new bike platform. I've got two BMW's - an 82 R65LS and a 2007 R1200RT. I flat out love airheads.

I can't figure out if I like it or not
Daingerfield, Texas
AG
Bolt on kits now 9K

https://nmoto.com/brand-r7kit/

It's going to be a gift to myself. Paint it Ford Caribbean green and cream.
PMD03
AG

Oof
Daingerfield, Texas
AG
I don't like the cafe racer seat on that one. I like the tractor seat ones.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.