Boyhood Dream Cars

11,850 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Superdave1993
Post removed:
by user
91AggieLawyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
By HS it was the RX7. I just liked the body style and the car itself, though I don't think I've ever ridden in one and I know I've never driven one. I think I've driven just about every sporty car from the '70s and '80s (except for exotics like Lambo, etc.) but not that one.

2 quick stories about the RX: first, when I had a job sacking groceries, a lady bought like 3 shopping carts full of food. I don't recall the exact sack count (paper bags back then) but it was 10 or more -- far more than I had ever taken out. I expected her to have a Suburban or at least a station wagon. Nope. She had an RX7! I managed to get all of them in there but it took a while.

My sophomore year, a buddy (ended up going to A&M) got a Porsche 944! I think it was one of the early models. Anyway, he was convinced it was the greatest car in the world. It was indeed pretty cool, but his trashing other cars got a tad tiresome. At one point, he mentioned that his Porsche could "blow away" the RX7. I figured, well, maybe, but I had no idea. Turns out it really wasn't all that fast. A few years ago, I stumbled upon a YT video where a guy runs an RX from that era against, I believe, that exact model 944 and the RX wins! I keep in touch with my buddy and I, of course, let him know about that.
BurnetAggie99

Only around 1,350 or so of these made by Ford. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429.
Ag9701
AG
Early 90s.Toyota MR2, Supra and 300ZX. I wanted all 3.
Jack Cheese
AG
As a kid in the 70s my dream car was a black Trans Am like Smokey and the Bandit. As I got to HS I too loved the 300ZX the most.

It's so funny you mention still wanting one. I searched for 300ZX on autotrader earlier this week just to see how much they go for... Not many of them out there and prices vary wildly.
Alte Schule
As a child of the 60's I lusted for this. 1969 Corvette 454.
[url=https://ibb.co/9yfgFcV][/url]
Corps_Ag12
AG
My dad was a bit if a BMW nut so naturally some of it rubbed off on me. Unfortunately I can't afford to own one of these but it sure would be fun! I think my only affordable option would be to build a replica at this point.

E30 BMW M3
scd88
AG

1972 Cutlass ragtop. Still a dream car for me.
akaggie05
AG
Two door Tahoes. Still dreamy.
K Bo
AG
AgOutsideAustin
AG
One with air conditioning. High school and college cars didn't have it. Houston and College Station were hot.
WildcatAg
AG
Growing up in the 80's and 90's there were many old muscle cars I lusted after. Just about all of them in fact. And back then you could actually buy them for not stupid money. We knew where most folks in our area who owned them lived and would drive buy their house just to see if they happened to be sitting outside. Boss 302's, Superbirds, etc.

But as embarrassing as it is to admit, the first vehicle I remember thinking, "woah" when I saw it was the 2nd generation Dodge Ram. The first one I saw was parked outside the local choke 'n puke we ate lunch at every day during the summer. Two-tone black and red with clearance lights and lots of chrome, it looked like a shrunken semi and fire truck all rolled into one. My Dad was about to buy a new work truck and I said he "absolutely had to buy one of those, whatever it is" as we drove past.

"Son, I would never buy a Dodge. I don't want to listen to the starter whine every time I start it."
HumpitPuryear
AG
I lusted after a lot of 60s muscle cars but the 1967 RS/SS Camaro convertible was my absolute favorite.

I managed to get something pretty close. Owned this 1966 Malibu SS clone for about 10 years. 350 small block with a 4-speed stick.

The Fife
What started it all was probably either The Fall Guy's truck or this. Z31s looked better pre-facelift IMO.

AgBQ-00
AG
I have always wanted a '56 Bel-Air 2 door hardtop

The motorcycle I always wanted
Picard
AG
The Kraken
AG
As a new driver in 1984. Had a poster of the 944 in my bedroom.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
07ag
AG
https://ts.la/eric59704
07ag
AG
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/ram-reimagined
https://ts.la/eric59704
ac04

Ducks4brkfast
AG
Had a Ferrari F40 poster on the wall about as long as my bed as a kid.

In highschool I was super envious of the kids with1993 5.0s.

JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
One of my best friends had a guy that lived down the street who owned an early 90s Supra that was amazing - similar to this one -

Spy Game came out when I was in my 1st or 2nd year at A&M and I always thought Robert Redford's Porsche was awesome

zooguy96
1965 Mustang Fastback. Still want one. Won't ever have one.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
RC_57
AG
ac04 said:

Wait... whut... Is that girl nekkid?
TecRecAg
AG
For me it's always been the 03-04 Cobra. More specifically, one in Sonic Blue with chrome CCWs.

More recently, however, the C7Z in white has my attention.
htownag99
AG
In the mid 80s, my dream car was a late 70s MGB. I wanted one so bad, I had posters and keychains for the car. My other dream car was a cherry red 1966 Mustang convertible. I'm my adult years I have come close to pulling the trigger on an MGB but always falls through.
AgGrad99
AG
I wanted a Bronco or NSX.

aTm2004
AG
Loved this car all throughout middle and high school. My dad bought me a car my senior year of college and I was close to pulling the trigger on a '98 VR-4, but then he was like, what about this Corvette?

My first dabble into liking cars was always getting a Low Rider magazine from the local store when my parents would shop. Embarrassed to say, but this is probably the first vehicle I wanted...a Geo Tracker.

This is the car that made me understand how my dad could look at 70's muscle cars and drool over them. I will own one one day after my kids are old enough to not trash out cars or fling open doors in the garage into other vehicles. When I see one in the wild, I drool.
easttexasaggie04
AG
Since 1985 I've always wanted one of these. I still do. I don't even care if they aren't fast.

Post removed:
by user
aTm_bomb
AG
For me its always been an E46 M3. Came out right after I started driving; wish I had pulled the trigger pre-kids; it would be a forever car. I know the baggage that comes with used BMWs but I would gladly accept them for one.

Oxford Green on Cinnamon interior

Steel Grey on Imola Red interior

1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Jack Cheese
AG
Is that a Monza? If so, my older brother had one
lb sand
AG
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Is that a Monza? If so, my older brother had one

Thats a LX 5.0 notch mustang......
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.